News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Inner fender rubber splash guard installation

Started by Randyh, 2017-04-30 20:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Randyh

About ready to install the inner fenders so I was going to attach the 3 pieces of rubber splash guard to each one,  I can't find a picture that shows how these pieces are supposed to be installed.  Putting in the staples is not my favorite thing to do so I only want to do it once.  If anyone has pictures that show how these are supposed to be installed could you please post them.

Thanks,
Randy

lalessi1

Randy, I tried to take photos.... poor results. My car is missing the center ones and the parts book seems to omit them too! For what it's worth here are a couple of pics.... When I replace those I am going to use weather stripping glue. I also rotated the pictures but they uploaded as they were originally taken.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I was more concerned with them being functional than correct to oem specs. As Lynn posted, I could not find any references to a "center" guard (over the control arm), so I made some from rubber sheeting. Pop riveted mine on...wish I had done the staples, but difficult to reach once the inner fenders are on.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Randyh

Thanks guys, I think I know how they go now, I believe they should be on the engine compartment side.

gasman826

I completely misread OP.  I thought Randy was asking about the upper ones that cushion the fender.  I just went out and checked the wagon.  The rubber is mounted on the inside of the inner fender flange.