News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

new springs and sway bar

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2017-05-02 01:11

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

here is a picture of my new rear springs and sway bar i put on my wagon

billd5string

The sway bar angle looks pretty extreme in the picture. Is that just because the axle is at full drop? It appears like it may not articulate correctly at that angle. I was under the impression the arms of the sway bar need to be close to parallel with the ground at regular ride height to work effectively.  Hopefully I am just missing something here.
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

lalessi1

Who makes the swaybar...are those Dayton sprinds from McVeigh?
Lynn

canadian_ranchero

the arms are close to level at ride height. the sway bar i got from concours parts for a s/w.it is suppose to fit with the arms going to the front,i did not room for this so i swaped it around and used mid 90's ford f150 sway bar links.have not drove car yet,hope it works 

lalessi1

Thanks for the info, I thought it was backwards from the design. Front or rear facing wouldn't make a difference I would think.
Lynn

billd5string

Quote from: canadian_ranchero on 2017-05-02 19:24
the arms are close to level at ride height.

Oh good. I also think it will be fine flipped around, I was only concerned about the arms. I look forward to hearing how great it works out for you.
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

canadian_ranchero

this sway bar was part of a kit i got.the front sway bar is 1 1/8 the back sway bar is 1 inch.should work good togeather

hiball3985

Thats the same kit I used on mine. I have the rear swat bar mounted on the top of the axle and the arms forward.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

canadian_ranchero

my 2 1/2 tail pipes and mufflers are the reason i had to mount the rear bar the way i did