News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Washer Jets install

Started by lewgar, 2017-05-27 13:09

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Did you buy the ones I posted a link/pic for, or did you find something else?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lewgar

I've mounted the chrome jets on the vent between the ribbing and they work well and look not too bad. I'm using the original fluid bag and it kind of looks like it should. So far (4 hours) I'm happy with the results.😁

lewgar

I had already purchased the chrome washer jets from Mac's. I'm not sure if they're reproductions of original equipment but they appear to be consistent with the car's design. They cost about $20 per USD.

Randyh

Curious about the pictures of the washer line routing,  I have seen the line on top of the cowl rubber seal and run through it as shown in the pictures also the hose running through the flange in firewall I have seen them not run through the flange.  Are the picture of an original car?  What routing is correct or is this another case of factories or factory changes?

RICH MUISE

Likelyhood of differences in dealer installed options would be my guess.

Randyh

Thanks, didn't realize washers were a dealer installed option, that probably explains it.

2drhrdtp57

Going to see if I can use these 57 Mercury ones, I don't know if these are the same as original ford or not. Anyone?
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

Ford Blue blood

Yes they are original.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I'm confused as usual. Those are really neat, but original to Ford??, or original only to FoMoCo's Edsel,Mercury. I obviously wouldn't care, but those doing true factory restorations would.
This is the first time I've ever heard about/seen those.

2drhrdtp57

They were listed as Edsel Mercury items but came up in a search when I was looking for Ford 1957. I have no idea if they are Ford correct but I think they will work and keep the cowl vent area clean under the bonnet once installed.
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]

2drhrdtp57

I did find this in my 1957 Ford Parts Catalogue today, so possibly Ford correct also.
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]