News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

WTB 1957 Custom

Started by troublemaker427, 2017-06-12 08:09

Previous topic - Next topic

troublemaker427

I'm in the market for a solid Custom two door driver.  I'd prefer a straight Custom but would also consider a 300.  I'm not looking for a perfect restored car but I'm not looking for a total restoration project either.  I will travel for the right car. 

I can be reached here or at troublemaker427@comcast.net .

Thanks
Jody Aberts
Troublemaker 2
'66 427 Fairlane
9:22@145
'57 Custom Tudor 70A
'61 Fairlane 390-401
'64 Galaxie 500XL P-code
'66 F100 390

RICH MUISE

Caught wind of one for sale not too far from Amarillo. I know nothing about it, but I'll see what I can find out. I suspect it's a project car, but I don't know. The guy owns a repair shop, and invited me to come out for coffee so we could talk '57's. Said the model was exactly like mine, which would be a Custom 2 dr. At least being in Texas, there's a chance it's not a rustbucket.
Why I don't know anything about it, lol............first Saturday of the month the local rodders meet for a casual get together. Weather was iffy, so only 30 or 40 cars this time, anyway, it started raining just then this guy came up and started talking. It got to raining real hard real fast, so he told me about the car, also mentioning he had 4 4.6 engines, said he tried to sell it but couldn't get what he was asking. I would have asked for some details, but I was already soaked.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Went by his shop yesterday, but he was not there. Lots of junkie cars out front but no '57. Honestly from what I saw scattered around his property, it didn't look too promising, but I'll keep checking.

troublemaker427

Thanks for looking Rich!!
Jody Aberts
Troublemaker 2
'66 427 Fairlane
9:22@145
'57 Custom Tudor 70A
'61 Fairlane 390-401
'64 Galaxie 500XL P-code
'66 F100 390

RICH MUISE

Bos...........2nd one you listed may be what he's looking for but I'm wondering if that's your old Ranchero you sold a few years ago? Last one may be worth a look also, but the second one obviously has had lots done to it where the last one needs lots.

BBoswell

I'm surprised how many 57's were on Craigs list out here at the moment. I only listed the ones that weren't rough or projects.

And yes, that is my old Ranchero. I had heard rumors that the new owner had destroyed it so it was nice to see that there wasn't any noticeable changes. 

KYBlueOval

Quote from: BBoswell on 2017-06-18 19:22
I'm surprised how many 57's were on Craigs list out here at the moment. I only listed the ones that weren't rough or projects.

And yes, that is my old Ranchero. I had heard rumors that the new owner had destroyed it so it was nice to see that there wasn't any noticeable changes.

I looked at all of the Craig's List listings in your previous post and your former Ranchero caught my eye as I'm building a Ranchero. I'd like to ask about  the dash trim. Looks like "engine turned stainless".......is that correct? What can you tell me about the Rolled edge at the top and bottom of the engine turned pieces. A separate piece? How was it attached?
Thanks
John

BBoswell

I replied yesterday but the reply didn't show up so I must have pushed a wrong button. I got a lot of questions about that trim and it was not strainless. I believe it was either a plexiglass or formica material. The trim was already in the Ranchero and was done in three separate pieces; the gauge piece and the two long skinny pieces on each side of the gauges. I have no idea how it was done . . . but I would be willing to guess it took more than one attempt.

KYBlueOval

Thanks for the reply BBoswell.

gasman826