News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

never to old to learn

Started by alvin stadel, 2017-06-13 21:29

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I'm doing my last 57 resto. Its a 57 RHT, why I'm not sure i guess it's because I had 3 of them setting here and thought a restored one  would look good with the rest of my 57's.  I thought that all Fairlane 500's were about the same as far as running gears are concerned. Now this is what I learned today. I'v about got all the parts cleaned straightened and painted except the rear bumper. I,v had a nice set of rear bumper brackets cleaned and painted hanging on my wall for a long time.  I thought these would work and save me a bunch of time and just bolt right in place. Wrong. As I was looking at them I noticed a difference in width, so got out the tape and measured the frame width outside to outside. The RHT is 36 5/8 and my 2DHT is 45in. To me this was a big lesson, so will clean and prep the  right brackets. I allways like to have have all my parts ready to put on when I start assemble.  I like learning new things as long as it isn't in the middle of a project. I hate going backwards.

Contibob

What is a "RHT" I know 2drht, 4drht, ????? Bob

2drhrdtp57

Retractable Hard Top, I think even the rear bumpers are different than the rest of the Fairlane 500's
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

billd5string

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2017-06-13 21:29
...I hate going backwards.

I am completely with you there!!! Good luck with that RHT, those are pretty cool cars.
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

Contibob

Duh! it just wouldn't come to me. "Retractable" Bob

SkylinerRon

The rear bumper is drilled for the tag lights also.

Ron.

Limey57

This made me smile, I had what I believed was a complete set of front & rear bumper brackets for my Ranchero, after shot blasting & painting I discovered I was the proud of owner of two sets of rear bumper brackets and still needed some front ones.
Gary

1957 Ranchero