News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The Texas 300

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2017-06-25 07:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

Marc/terry---
I have been back n forth about the end result on Paint.... to keep the 2-tone and stick with that....but I have a very good set of plan old custom trim with dividers....I really would like to go to the B/W scheme with the plain old custom trim...... but.....I do really like the factory custom set up it originally came with.... I have all the pieces to go either way.
I expect it may take about 3 years to do.... but we can come back in 3 years time and quote this...... and maybe laugh.
....I know... there is a ton of holes to fill if I go a plain  old custom look.

I absolutely L O V E this car.. and in a B/W scheme..I would be very happy.....The end game is to build a sleeper.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

junior58

I am so envious of you guys over there. I keep hearing how hard it's getting to find stuff there but you keep coming up with stuff like this. Here in NZ we have top import everything, we can't just come across it like you guys, you're so lucky. I'd be as happy as a pig in sh*t if I could find half the stuff you guys do. Anyway, jealous rant over, looking forward to following this build (as I do with all the builds on here).
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Jeff Norwell

Fitting a new gravel pan as the original was torn and shredded in the cars previous life.... (pass.side)..also straightened a few creases and dents... progressing slowly

RICH MUISE

Don't have to be so jealous, Steve. The fact is most of us DON"T find stuff that good. Jeff knows everybody, has a huge list of contacts to draw from when he's looking for stuff. I saw the black and white car when he still had it in storage at his friend Bob Owens' (Owen's Salvage) place in Wellington, Tx and it looked amazingly well preserved. I was really shocked when he temporarily set it aside because he found a better one.

Jeff....Great to see you starting on this one. That engine looks awesome. Really sorry to hear about Larry Grillett's passing. That was the first I had heard. I just met him last year at a cruise/show that ended up at his place is Childress. The old school rodders I talk to here tell me he was a long time icon in this area, and definetly a huge mid 50's Ford guy.. Any details on his death? when? Any info on what's going to happen to his collection?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jeff Norwell

Rich.... Larry had stage 4 Lung Cancer.... he was doing well for a few years but the fight became harsh.Anyhow.. yes.. he was an awesome man.I helped him do some work with the 1956 Ford Club of America... he was President....
Larry had one of the LARGEST collections in several big buildings in Childress.A massive auction is going to go down in October,....I may attend and hang with Bob for a week .....It will be HUGE.I have seen some pics of whats up for auction...Lots of 50's Fords and Parts.

RICH MUISE

thanks for the info. Bummer about Larry. Long term illnesses are the worst.
Keep me posted about the auction and in particular if you're headed for Texas. If you need, I can pick you up at the airport if you're flying in and bring you to Wellington. You won't mind if I pick you up in a restomoded '57 will ya?

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-06-26 11:13
thanks for the info. Bummer about Larry. Long term illnesses are the worst.
Keep me posted about the auction and in particular if you're headed for Texas. If you need, I can pick you up at the airport if you're flying in and bring you to Wellington. You won't mind if I pick you up in a restomoded '57 will ya?

THAT would be fun!!!

I have been trying to travel in the last few years.. but Work and such keeps me put.. but I will keep you posted Rich... Thank you!

lalessi1

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2017-06-25 14:57
Marc/terry---
I have been back n forth about the end result on Paint.... to keep the 2-tone and stick with that....but I have a very good set of plan old custom trim with dividers....I really would like to go to the B/W scheme with the plain old custom trim...... but.....I do really like the factory custom set up it originally came with.... I have all the pieces to go either way.
I expect it may take about 3 years to do.... but we can come back in 3 years time and quote this...... and maybe laugh.
....I know... there is a ton of holes to fill if I go a plain  old custom look.

I absolutely L O V E this car.. and in a B/W scheme..I would be very happy.....The end game is to build a sleeper.

Looks like mine except my roof is white and my wheels are black.... I like those changes a lot!
Lynn

djfordmanjack

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-06-26 11:13
You won't mind if I pick you up in a restomoded '57 will ya?

mind another pssgr paying for 4.6 gas ?

rmk57

That particular Custom sold at Barrett Jackson for $49,500 a few years ago. Not originally an E code but still a very nice copy of one.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ecode70D

[quote author=Jeff Norwell
....I know... there is a ton of holes to fill if I go a plain  old custom look.  quote]

Jeff
      Since you already have the components that you need, why not make one of them into a custom, then you would have one of each.  The B+W custom in the picture  looks real neat.   Think about how you would confuse your neighbors. 
      That's just my opinion. FWIW.   Jay

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2017-06-26 18:14
[quote author=Jeff Norwell
....I know... there is a ton of holes to fill if I go a plain  old custom look.  quote]

Jeff
      Since you already have the components that you need, why not make one of them into a custom, then you would have one of each.  The B+W custom in the picture  looks real neat.   Think about how you would confuse your neighbors. 
      That's just my opinion. FWIW.   Jay

Agreed Jay!

RICH MUISE

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2017-06-26 15:27
mind another pssgr paying for 4.6 gas ?
That'd be awesome, Guenter. Gas is down to 1.86 here, so not too much to worry about. Thinking of a trip back to the good 'ol USA again?

57AGIN

Jeff:

I am jealous of your nice garage & working space.  Having lived in the same house for the last 45 years my garage has accumulate an astounding amount of "stuff".  Very little of it useful or car related, so in a standard 2 car garage I have one car worth of space and the wife of 50 years wants a pantry installed in the garage to boot.  Well, I'm in the processing of sorting & tossing and I'm smart enough to make sure the wife gets her pantry in the process.  Meanwhile, I'll continue to be envious of your spacious garage. But, I am going to try to get some very usable space in what's left over.  LOL

Bob
57 AGIN

Ecode70D

I'm thinking that  the custom with the dividers are supposed to be painted like what Lynn stated.  I have not seen
enough of them.   What do you think about setting your car up like that?