News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Dual circuit master cylinder

Started by junior58, 2017-06-27 21:11

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

Hey guys, my Fairlane has the stock braking system with factory under-dash booster. I am considering upgrading to front discs using Aus/NZ XF falcon spindle assemblies. I am hoping to retain the stock booster and upgrade the master cylinder to the dual circuit Falcon unit, rather than fitting a complete booster / master cylinder under the bonnet. Would the master cylinder work with the under-dash booster?
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

lalessi1

All the under dash bellows does is assist the pedal so I can't imagine why it wouldn't work. I have one I am planning on using with mine.
Lynn

2drhrdtp57

Steve, the 68 mustang units bolt straight up and don't look out of place, no plastic. Wilwood do a bolt on four pot dynalite caliper and disc brake kit with bearings seals and all mounting hardware on eBay for $599.00 USD and fit most 14 " wheels and uses original spindles John.
1957      _____________     Ford
    \___((_____________))___/
     (@)_______V________(@)
      [______I______I_______]
        [__]  0             0  [__]

Y Blocks, The New Flathead

dgasman

Yes you can still use the sure swift power brake unit. I have been running mine for many years using Granada disc brakes ,you just have to make sure you use the right bore size master    cylinder . The bore size is 1 1/8 inch if you use a smaller bore size you will have a very soft pedal .
The master that I am using is from a 86 mustang SVO , bolts right on .
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

junior58

Thanks for your replies guys, just what I was after. I'll forgo the Wilwood kit though, by the time I factor in exchange rate and shipping to NZ it gets way more pricey. The Falcon spindles virtually bolt straight in (I guess similar to the Granada ones that I see mentioned on here from time to time). The fact that I work for an auto parts store will help with sourcing and pricing of local product to suit.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

chapingo17

Upgrading to a 68 mustang master cylinder. Would you need to do anything special to the brake pedal pushrod?