News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Running FE wanted

Started by Marc, 2017-07-05 05:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Looking for a complete & running FE in the Connecticut area. Doesn't matter if its a 352, 360, 390, etc, 2 bbl or 4 bbl. Just needs to be in running condition & local to CT.

Lou

I have a solid lifter 352, been out of car and stored under a tarp. Cylinders filler with oil when stored, isn't pretty but a good engine (44,000 miles) $200 and you figure how to lift it. I'm in Milford , ct  vehicleone@hotmail.com

Marc

That sounds pretty good Lou. I'm not concerned with cosmetics, just want it to be complete (oil pan, intake, distributor) and know it will run without having to be gone through. Is it missing  anything?

Lou

It's complete, carb thru bellhousing and flywheel, it's Oil pan is on it but has rubber drain plug. Engine is said to be "60" HoPo and for the most part seems to check out, it ran like a bear in my 60 t-bird. Come look it at I'm only about 20 miles from you. 203-877-1066 talk to my machine my wife screens all cals.

Marc

Ok Lou I'll give you a call later on this afternoon.

Ray

Pretty rare motor these days, if it's complete, they actually rival the 375 hp 390. Would have been 360 hp. Cool motor.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

hiball3985

I had one 352 Hipo many years ago and it had an aluminum intake that I'm pretty sure it was factory..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

I agree, way cool motor!!! I sold a stock 390 for $1100 about a year ago to a guy in Arkansas....
Lynn

fordaholic

Lou; if Mark by chance passes on your 352, please let me know.  I also have a project where I could use it.     thanks Gary

Lou

I don't believe it's a real HiPo  as it didn't have the aluminum intake, or the hipo crank pulley. It was in a t-bird so the hipo headers wouldn't fit. I never got around to checking the casting numbers on the heads but the bird was standard with overdrive, and was a hell of a top end car . I've been trying to sell this engine for 2 years with no takers, now I hope it's sold.