Going to Fall Carlisle Sept27-Oct1...Never attended.....What should I expect?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2017-07-06 04:51

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm attending the Fall Carlisle in late Sept. for the first time. I've been to the Fall Hershey meet,so I have had that experience. What should I expect to see at the Fall Carlisle in general terms and specifically '57 Ford parts? I've been "told" the difference between Hershey and Carlisle is, Hershey is predominately Pre-War, based on what I saw at Hershey, I would agree,it was predominately Pre-War, and Fall Carlisle , I'm told will be more Post War.
Any advise/opinions from those that have "Been There.......Done That", will be appreciated.
Thanks
John

Oldmics

I go to both Carlise events (Spring/Fall) and also attend Hershey ever year.

Since we are both on this Forum its an easy guess that we might be looking for some similiar parts.

While I have found items over the years at fall Carlise,I always do better at Hershey.

Not to say some things cant be found at Carlise BUT I believe just due to the larger event that Hershey puts on theres a better chance at finding the goodies that we are looking for at Hershey.

If you can only attend one of these events - I would do Hershey!

Oldmics

KYBlueOval

Thanks Oldmics.........I attended Hershey last year, and my experience was that there was not a lot of '57 parts. Hoping for better results at Fall Carlisle. Time will tell. Hope you find what you are looking for.
Thanks
John

clusterbuster

I usually go to Fall Carlisle and have found quite a few things for my Custom 300 4 dr. Hope you are going to spend more than a day there, because you can't take it all in in a days time. Good luck and hope the weather will be nice.

KYBlueOval

Although I've not attended, I expect it to take several days to take it all in........like Hershey.  And yes, I hope and pray the weather is good. Last year they had several days of heavy rain, so I'm told. But once you've made the 9 hour drive........rain will slow us down , but won't stop us. We're on a mission!
Thanks
John

gasman826

KYBlueOval

SkylinerRon

Rained out two years running. First two rainouts in my 35 years of going.
I'll be in NF-69 and 70, stop on in.

Ron.

KYBlueOval

Ron...........I'll see you there sir. What do you typically bring / sell at Fall Carlisle?
Thanks
John

SkylinerRon

Generally stuff that i'll never get to use in my lifetime.
I'll post a list of 57 stuff closer to the meet date.

Ron.

KYBlueOval