News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

A U C T I O N

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2017-07-06 08:35

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-08-05 09:42
When I posted the above link to the auction site, I didn't realize it was starting on pic #195!!!!!!!! This auction is huge. When you go to the above link, click on "back to the auction" button, and you can start from pic #1. about #75 is '57 Fords. I don't see how they're gonna do this auction in 2 days. Yes, lots of Mopars, but SOOOOO many I'd love to have, and the mercs., and that '66 Fairlane 2dr with the unreadable motor size emblem (390, 427??) As Pat said...I've never seen so many CV's in one place. Look at the pallets of parts photos!!.E code parts??
LOL..not a Mustang or Camaro in the bunch, Yeah!!
Rich, as I looked through the photos, I had the same reaction.............2 days doesn't sound feasible.  I can imagine several scenarios. Simultaneous auctions. And "lots" that contain more than one pallet of parts. 

Jeff Norwell

I do know there will be "Lots" of pallets ....... this auction is huge and will be going very fast.As I have seen Larry's collection when he was alive... it is massive.He owned several buildings in town.His personal property was very large with several large buildings on his property.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Jeff Norwell

Wish I could go as the auction is this week coming.. spoke with Bob who is helping the family... all is ready to go...... should be a good one!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Some of my friends are going down, not sure if I'll make it or not, lots of stuff going on in the next 2 or 3 weeks, so I've got to pick and choose..
They've added this to the Hemmings events listings, btw, so easy to find info.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Went to the auction Saturday. there was a pretty good crowd there. I was just curious more than anything, and the auction was moving very slow, so only stayed for 3 or 4 hours. Friday was parts, machinery,and project car day. There were just 4 or 5 '57's there, and I wasn't there when they got to the cars, so don't know if they sold, or how much. Nothing really to be excited about as far as '57's, although there was one convert there. probably a few hundred other cars though, quite a few of them very desirable, and these were just the outside stored vehicles I saw.
Saw lots of folks I knew...Pat Fleishman and his dad were there, and I got to introduce them to Glen Large from Knox City. Glenn is the guy I've talked about in the past that owns/owned 80 ish '57 Fords. Glen was there with a friend who also owns '57's.  LOL. Glenn came out to the parking lot to see my '57 for the first time, his friend stayed back to watch the auction.  When Glenn got back to his friend, he told him "you go look at his car." Glenn is a very traditional guy, so It made me quite happy that he really liked mine, I really was't expecting it.
I talked to Bob Owens for a short time. Bob has spent months helping the family get prepared for this auction. I'm hoping Bob was able to aquire some of those '57's for his salvage yard.

After I left the auction, I drove to Gainsville for a car show on Saturday. Gainsville is about 310 miles from home, north of Dallas. Nice show, closed off about 5 blocks in the old downtown area, and I parked right across the street from a guy on the Hamb 52-59 forum I'm on. We've conversed for 4 years or so on the forum, so it was nice to get to meet him and his wife. He has a beautiful '56 Parklane wagon.
Pat..if your reading this, I met a guy who asked if I knew you . I can't remember his name, but he said before he retired he was the Dallas area Napa tool rep and you'd know who he was from that description.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe