News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

It seems that I always learn the hard way

Started by alvin stadel, 2017-07-06 21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I wasn't going to share this but have had a couple of days to think about it and desided to. On the after noon of the 4th my wife and I got back from watching a parade and desided to cook up a couple steaks for our evening meal. I started the BBQ on preheat just like always and went into the house to get things ready. Went back out about 5 min. later and the whole damn BBQ was on fire.
It had burned and melted all the gauges off and had burned a hole in the hose from the tank to the controls, this thing was like a roman candel. Was so hot I had a hell of a time shutting it down, did get burned a little not bad. This could have cost us our home, really lucked out. Now this is why I'm sharing this with you. I have fire extinguishers in my shop & show room, the basement and in the house, but none on the patio. This afternoon we went into Billings and bought a new BBQ, and I bought another extinguisher and it is hanging by the new BBQ. Take care, and think safe, Alvin

terry_208

I'm glad to hear that your home didn't go up in flames with the BBQ.  I hope your burns heal quickly.
Terry

KYBlueOval

Alvin, did you determine WHY it caught on fire..........inquiring minds would like to know. Glad to hear you are on the mend and do not have a big time insurance claim.

Jeff Norwell

Man....I have been in a fire..scary..glad your ok....
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Marc

Thanks for posting this. Definitely a good tip to not only make sure you have extinguishers wherever you might need them, but also to make sure the ones you have are functional. If its got a gauge, check it. If there's not gauge and you're not sure how old it is, might be best to replace it.

RICH MUISE

Alvin.....glad you're ok. Absolutly no reason to be embarrassed sharing a story like that. Heck I even remember Jeff posted a story about accidently setting his wife on fire while barbecuing. He's probably hoping we forgot about that, lol. Easy to ride him about it since his wife was not harmed.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe