News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Got one!!

Started by RICH MUISE, 2017-07-07 22:12

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Top Ten plaque at the Amarillo route 66 car show. My first! I missed the awards ceremony, had no clue until the gal called me yesterday.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Very nice Rich. Well deserved.

Ford Blue blood

Very nice!  Given the work and history in that car you deserve it!  Now you can get the next size larger hat...... :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Wirenut

Happy for you Rich, you've worked hard to earn that. I'm also glad to read how much your driving and enjoying your car.

RICH MUISE

Thanks guys. Yep, it put a smile on my face. It was really nice to get the recognition from the judges, but the one that really mattered to me, that made me really get a "fat head" if you would.....
The above mentioned show was Saturday, the 1st. On Monday I drove the '57 out to Santa Fe to do the July 4th show in the old square area. Same show I did last year with my car 1/2 in primer getting tons of attention. The crowd size was probably 8 or 10 times that of the Amarillo show. The interest in my car was nothing short of amazing, I think to the point of annoying the car owners I was parked between. One was an unusually nice restomoded VW flatbed(?).the ones with the fold down sides. The other one I was parked next to was a 69 Vette with 30k miles. I don't think those guys had 10 people combined ask them about their cars, but the '57....a steady stream all day. I probably had 100 people spend 10-20 minutes looking. I had 4 people actually take the time to stop back by after they looked at all the cars to tell me mine was their favorite at the show!! four!! like wow! I don't know what it is about Santa Fe folks and my car, but I like it, lol.
That was about a 600 mile round trip. Only issue I had was my A/C stopped working well, and the day after I got back it quit working cooling all together......I think I heard something pop. Gonna look into it in the next few days.
I've got to cancel my next planned show (Colorado) on the 15th..$$getting tight.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

jseth83

Congrats!  I didn't realize that Route 66 ran through Texas honestly.  I'd love to make that trip sometime when the wagon is up and going.
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

The "Mother Road" trip is well worth the time and money!  I started in CA and left Rt.66 when it headed North East.  Would have liked to finish it to Chicago but time, money, and life got in the way.  AZ has a bunch of interesting stuff, the trip over the mountain is worth the whole thing.  Make sure you hit all the "side roads" that were the old 66 that run along side of the interstate.  Lots of interesting stuff and lots of doubling back to catch the side show.  Did this in a stock 61 Unibody, (292/3 speed/3.73 gears), let me say it is a LOOOOONG was from CA to AL in a 61 truck!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Good for you Rich  :001: I think the only trophy I ever got was in little league  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Congratulations Rich, that is really awesome! Great to see a 57 Ford get some attention for a change! :003:
Lynn