News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Eclipse

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2017-07-24 07:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Anyone travelling to see the total eclipse on 21 August?  Just saw a news article that outlined hotel rooms in the "total zone" in SC were going for $1K!  Predicted to be the heaviest travel day/days of the century.  I do have friends in the zone and we agreed it would be a good day to sit outside and toss a few cold ones so we will head to their place.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

rmk57

We're looking into going to Salem, Corvallis, Oregon to see it. I like the of tossing back a few cold ones and watching to but it'll only be 9:00-10:00 am , bit early for me to indulge.

I remember we had one in around 1978-79? I was driving to work on a nice sunny morning and by the time I got to work I had to turn on my headlights. It's one of the strangest natural phenomena I've ever experienced.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Dis aint bout one dem dere Michabitchies?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Rich, did you already have a few cold ones ? :002: :003:
a total eclipse is something  worth watching. I remember back in 2002 or so we had one over here  and it was strange  how everything calmed down in that moment, birds stopping their whistleing, wind stopping, only to get going again half an hour later. a magic moment for sure.

lalessi1

I am seriously considering a road trip, probably through Birmingham, looking at the Nashville area. Maybe we could meet up at some point?
Lynn