News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Shake rattle & roll

Started by ROKuberski, 2017-08-05 21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Having only replaced a headliner with a new one, and knowing all the hard work it is to get it stretched and pulled correctly, or close, I would think it would be infinitely  harder to reinstall a headliner that has already been trimmed. Final trimming is usually done after it's been attached. Also, my thinking is the headliner does not need to go under the windshield seal/gasket as there is a tackstrip up under the garnish rails, but it does need to go under the rear window seal. At least on the Custom models, there is no rear window garnish mouldings or tack strips. In past yeasr I posted a bunch of headliner install pics.
New headliners are not too expensive and lots of fabric choices available.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

ROKuberski

Well I guess that the headliner will stay for now.  I will add sound deadening in the doors, floor and firewall, plus some new insulation on the floor and see if that makes any difference. 

For me, projects come and go and my life with this car may not be much longer.  I've been considering building  a resto-mod early 1930's 4-door sedan.  New frame/suspension/driveline with a restored body.  Not a hotrod, but a "warmrod."  Peppy, but I don't need the horsepower to burn the tires into the pavement.  Something I've been thinking about lately.  Not ready to launch into this yet, but I've been thinking.

Rich