News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

W.T.B. '55,'56,'57 Thunderbird Steering column

Started by KYBlueOval, 2017-08-07 17:12

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm looking for a '55-'57 Thunderbird Steering Column, as complete as I can get one. Many  Forum Members list their cars and trucks, and I think I recall seeing some that owned '55-'57 T Birds. Maybe one of you  '57 Forum T Bird owners has a column for sale, or knows where I might find one.
Thanks
john
502 773 05 nine two  Call or Text

RICH MUISE

If no one here has one, check with Bob Owens @ Owens Salvage, Wellington, Texas. I think he's in our salvage yard listings. He's helping to sell some hard to find parts for Larry Grillet's widow, and baby birds were some of the things Larry collected.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

slumlord44

I should have one that is prety much complete. No gear box. Just the colum. Would need re plating. Been in my barn for many years. No idea what would be a fair price or what shipping would be. I am in Southern Illinois close to St. Louis. I could take some photos and send them from my phone to your phone if you are interested.

KYBlueOval

Yes I'm interested.  Yes, pictures would be great. What year T Bird did it come from? I can handle the shipping expense from my end, as I have a FEDEX account. I'm in Louisville KY.
Thanks
John

jlbparts  at  gmail.com     502 773 05 nine two

slumlord44

'56 or '57. May take me a while to dig it out and get photo's.

KYBlueOval

lotsafords

Do want a Steering Wheel with the column?   I have a 55 column, no difference from 56 or 57 to the best of my knowledge, and 55 wheel and possibly a 56 wheel, I'll have to look if your interested.
Jack

KYBlueOval

Jack, thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm interested.
Please let me know.
Thanks
John

Ray

FYI, the 55 column has a different nut and threaded collar as I recollect. Refer to the 49 59 parts books for confirmation. Don Simpkin  in Downey, Ca would have a correct one for the year you require. (562) 923-3456.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

KYBlueOval

KYBlueOval

Quote from: slumlord44 on 2017-08-09 21:12
'56 or '57. May take me a while to dig it out and get photo's.

I sent you a Private Message.
John