News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 AGIN's 1st Show since the Accident

Started by 57AGIN, 2017-08-08 23:51

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

It's 2.5 years since my 57's Valentine Day Massacre.  I took it to a local car show along with fellow 57 Ford enthusiast Rick Crawford.  We had a good time and of course we were the only 57 Fords among a plethora of Brand X 57's. We got lots of positive comments at the show.  It's great to be back.

Bob
57 AGIN

lotsafords

Really looks great Bob, love the back bumper with the exhaust notches and no bolts.   May attempt to eliminate the bolts holes in mine as I get a little further into this thing.  Spent way more with the polisher and chrome shop already than I had budgeted but what the heck its just another couple grand right?
Jack

FiveSevenLiter

Cragars look great, but I really like the red sex light in the back window.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

racton

:unitedstates:impeccable...............racton

57AGIN

FiveSevenLiter:

Pretty sure the "red sex lights" in the rear window are the tail lights on Rick Crawford's 57 TUDOR.  LOL

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

lotsafords:

Thank you if you want more detail on how the bumper bolt process was done refer to the thread on General Discussion, "Bob's 57 AGIN is Back in the shop at Santini's," pages 8 & 15.  When welding the quarter inch thick plates to the bumper they took particular not to heat the bumper, doing the corners first and allowing time for cooling in between each weld.  It definitely wasn't cheap and all those custom touches came directly out of my savings.  The same thing for every custom touch added to the car since the accident.  I'm very pleased with how the car has turned out, I believe it is better than it was before and worth the additional expenses above that provided by the insurance company to restore the car to the road. In its 2nd show since back on the road it garnered a "Best of Show" at the Chariot's Biannual Charity Car Show.

Bob
57 AGIN

lotsafords

Congratulations Bob, its always nice when others recognize your effort and reward it.  Haven't been to a car show in a long time.  Kind of just lost interest, maybe this fresh build on the Ranchero will stir the juices.
Jack

57AGIN

lotsafords:

Go for it.  Out here it is just about the only 57 related thing we have to do.  Car shows every night of the week, provided one is so inclined. When I got the 57 painted back in 2011 I went to between 30 and 50 shows per year.  Now it is down to about 15.  I do enjoy seeing all the different kinds of restored and original USA autos, but I just can't get interested in the modern everything looks the same type of cars, except for the modern muscle cars which are reminiscent of the late 60's muscle cars.  I, too may lose interest, but for now I still enjoy going, looking and participating.

Bob
57 AGIN

lotsafords

Got involved in 50's & 60's fiberglass boats a few years ago and have spent hundreds of hours searching for parts, looking at derelicts and salvaging parts off many many old boats, I have an inventory of  6 that I am actively working on, one I show as an all original 62.    My goal is to get down to 4 that I can depend on and two of which I can show.  Funny as I write this it sounds just like when I started rodding back in the 70's.
Oh well back to the 57 in the morning, going to install the Borgeson Steering Box and do a little more on the motor so that I can mount the small case c6 to my y block.  If nothing else I should have a bullet proof drive train.
Jack