News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Heater Hose Connection

Started by Fairlane500, 2017-08-13 15:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairlane500

Have a 2bbl. 292 engine.  Aquirred 4bb. manifold  to replace 2bbl.  Looking at the heater hose fitting I'm finding two styles.  One has an extension beyond the threaded portion the other does not.  Do not know why the difference or which is correct for my application.  Does anyone know why the difference and which would be the correct one for mw 57 Fairlane 292.  Thanks

lalessi1

I looked in the parts book and as far as I can tell there appears to be two different ones B7A 18599-A and B7A 18599-B. The latter is for cars with A/C. Here is a shot from the parts book and a catalog picture from Concours Parts for reference.
Lynn

Fairlane500

Thanks lalessi1, the heater connection with the extension appears to be the correct one.  Still don't understand the extension.  Went to Prestige Thunderbirds here in Whittier  (Thunderbird Restoration) and they use the one with the extension as well.  I think I have the answer for now thanks.

cokefirst

That heater connection is not used on the Thunderbird.  The Thunderbird had the vacuum operated heater control valve on in that location. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

SkylinerRon

That's for a 58 up T-Bird not 55-57.

Ron.