News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 custom for sale (Washington state)

Started by rmk57, 2017-08-26 12:36

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Not mine, but man is this a beautiful car. Nothing I don't like about it except the heater hoses.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/1957-ford/6276847219.html
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

slumlord44

Love it. Right car, right color, right transmission, wrong engine but I have a spare complete 312 with the blower cam that would drop right in as well as a set of T Bird valve covers and hubcaps. Needs wide whitewalls. Out of my price range though.

KYBlueOval

Quote from: slumlord44 on 2017-08-26 23:54
Love it. Right car, right color, right transmission, wrong engine but I have a spare complete 312 with the blower cam that would drop right in as well as a set of T Bird valve covers and hubcaps. Needs wide whitewalls. Out of my price range though.
slumlord44.............have you had time to look for the Thunderbird Steering Column in your barn , that we discussed. I'm still interested. Sent you a Pvt. Message.
Thanks
John

RICH MUISE

You'd think he would know it isn't a 300.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-08-27 08:49
You'd think he would know it isn't a 300.

Hmmm, I never noticed that. Has paint dividers so it could have been originally a two-tone car.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

I guess it could have left the factory as a 300. Brings up the question of: if a car is "born" as one model with it's specific trim option and it changed to another model's trim, is it technically still the original model as the vin tag would specify??
Anyhow, my guess is and always was a Custom, not a Custom 300. Makes me wonder how much he actually knows about the car, probably acquired it to flip. I also have to wonder if the engine is actually a 272. With that said, looks to be a very nice car if original looks are your thing. I would think about 5-10k overpriced though without knowing more about it. You know what my 2 cents is worth.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Agreed, he should know it's a Custom and not a 300. It should be a 272 but you never know what got changed over the years. A PCV into the valve cover is hookey but an easy fix. I really like the car.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

X2 Not a 300.   Seller probably does not even know the difference.