News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fuel lines

Started by Wirenut, 2017-08-31 19:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

We've just today started seeing lines of cars backed up to the fuel stations, they're running out of fuel some people wait for a long time and the station runs out before they gas up. I'm told it's in Austin San Antonio. I've seen it from Beeville to Floresville. Even HEB andWalmart were out by 6:00 pm. Any of you in other areas seeing this. I don't know if it's related to some of the refineries shut down here due to the hurricane or if it's a social media hype that started it.

OUTLAW

It's getting bad in Fort Worth, same problem...

RICH MUISE

Fuel lines..........I made mine out of NiCopp. Oh, those fuel lines...........Amarillo seems pretty normal so far.
Hope this doesn't get too bad. Seems petty after what the Houston folks are going thru, but I was planning 2 trips down south in Sept. (Decatur swap and Goodguys @ Texas Motor Speedway)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Got a call from a fellow hot rodder in southern Texas that is leaving for a rod run in Gatlinburg, TN wanting to know about gas in Alabama and Louisiana, did we have lines or shortages.  None here.  Price has gone up $.05/gal the last couple of days, expect it to go up again, but it seams we have plenty.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

terry_208

No lines here in Boise, ID.  The price has risen about $0,12 or so in the last week.  That brings the price to between $2.71-$2.80+.  I don't feel bad when comparing our gas price to those of overseas.
Terry

RICH MUISE

About 2.25-2.35 for unleaded regular here. That's up about .20 in the past 10 days or so, but we've normally had that much variation. Wish I could run regular in my '57, but it does fine on the mid-grade.

RICH MUISE

Updates from you guys down south would be good to see.

Wirenut

Still some lines and a few stores out of fuel. It has diminished some but I think a lot of people are topping off their tanks out of fear. It looks like social media has helped fuel the frenzy. Price at the pumps vary from 2.29 to 2.69 per gallon