News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Del Rio E Code

Started by 1957RioGASSER, 2017-09-22 09:05

Previous topic - Next topic

1957RioGASSER

Hello 57 Fords Forever

I wanted to introduce my self. Found this site with some references on the H.A.M.B.  I Recently bought a 57 wagon Del Rio. It is an E code wagon with the 312 4bbl.

How rare is an E code wagon? Production #'s.
It has most trim but looks like enough for only 1 side. Any ideas where to find that?

Thanks

rmk57

An E code 312 should be the dual quad version. Don't know the production figures but you've got yourself a rare and very desirable wagon.

Welcome to the 57 site to!

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Yep.......very rare and very desirable.............potentially a big bucks car as the Del Rios are one of the top desirable models, if not the top. Very hard to find even with a normal engine oem engine code.  As RMK said, the E code is the dual quad option. Even if that's missing, the manifolds can be found if wanted, you have the important part...the vin tag with the e code!!
Welcome to the forum.....we'd all like to see some pics, especially that vin tag!!
Most on this forum are into a variety of build styles, from oem restorations to resto mods , racing, customs, etc with a "it's your car, do what you want" attitude, but I have a feeling if your plans are as your forum tag would imply, you're gonna get alot of "please don't do that to THAT car".
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Welcome to the site.   You will find a lot of 57 Ford savvy people here that are willing to help you.
We also like pictures.  Show us pics of your car also the side that is missing, and give us an idea of what trim that you are missing .

1957RioGASSER

I'll post pics today. Thanks.

Score!!!!

Oldmics

The best guesses on how many "E" codes were produced is about 5000 total vehicles.

1499 of them were T Birds with the remaining amount spread out over all of the rest of the body styles.

Not to many "E" codes ended up as wagons. Make sure to check the frame stamping to confirm it is a real "E" code machine.

Like to see some pictures of it when you get a chance and the story of how it was acquired.

Oldmics

1957RioGASSER

Where exactly should I find that stamped?

Oldmics

The frame stamping will be on the passenger side frame rail kinda underneath of the heater . It is just where it starts to curve upwards into the engine compartment.

Its a good possibility that that area is full of crud so you may have to take a wire brush in that entire area to find it.

A true "E" code car will have the first letter of the serial number as an E in the stamping.

Those data plates have been known to be counterfitted (not saying yours has) but its always best to know as much as possible. The frame stampings are a bit harder to fake.

Oldmics

1957RioGASSER

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't know about E vs any other code when I bought it because it didn't matter to me. But when buying it the previous owner must have been confused. He told me it was an E code but looking today it is not. ☹️

1957RioGASSER

It's not letting me upload the pics

rmk57

Quote from: 1957RioGASSER on 2017-09-22 13:51
Sorry for the confusion. I didn't know about E vs any other code when I bought it because it didn't matter to me. But when buying it the previous owner must have been confused. He told me it was an E code but looking today it is not. ☹️

I wouldn't despair whether it's even an A code. You got yourself one of the the coolest wagons Ford ever built. As far as the picture uploading, maybe the file is to large?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

1957RioGASSER

It makes it a little easier to make it a gasser. 390fe 5 speed. Straight axle.

How to resize from IPhone?

1957RioGASSER

Here it is

rmk57

It's the regular 312 single 4 bbl.

A- 6 cyl.
B- 272 v-8
C- 292   "
D- 312   "
E- 312 dual 4 bbl's.
F- 312 Supercharged

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Oldmics

Del Rio"s of any pedigree are cool  :003:

Lets see what we can do to help you on the trim.

Carlise is this upcoming week and Hershey the week after.

Good time to search for parts.

Oldmics