News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Del Rio E Code

Started by 1957RioGASSER, 2017-09-22 09:05

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

hello from another del Rio guy ( over the pond)!
a 312 powered DR RW is a nice and rare model anyways ! is it Auto or std trans?
A Del Rio has the full CUSTOM 300 trim package. it is the the dual ss swept side trim w/ the gold anodized aluminium trim panel between them.
It's what makes a Del Rio and it's looking awesome.

billd5string

I too am another del rio guy - welcome! Personally, I'd love to see a gasser version - as long as it stays powered by Ford.  :003: I hope you get some more pictures of it posted.
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

1957RioGASSER

Found a 390/4 speed from a galaxie. Hoping I can bring it home

John Palmer

Quote from: 1957RioGASSER on 2017-09-23 13:05
Found a 390/4 speed from a galaxie. Hoping I can bring it home

Install a "real performance" clutch, and a scatter shield.

At the very least, use a quality ignition system that has a adjustable rev limiter.  I have always had good luck with MSD 6AL's.

Many years ago my "nicely finished" '56 sedan "street car" had a overbored 390, 3 x 2's, factory dual point distributor, solid lifter cam, Toploader, 9", and Good Year wrinkle wall Blue Streak slicks.  I put the clutch and bell housing through the hood at 100 mph.  I went off the end of the strip with no brakes because all the lines had been cut by flying parts debris.  Things like this do not happen only at the race track, miss a shift, and you have the same circumstances on the street.

Build with safety in mind.