News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Cursin for a Cure Car Show in Costa Mesa California

Started by Custom_Shelby, 2017-09-25 11:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom_Shelby

Made it down to the "Crusin for a Cure" car show at the Orange Show Fair Grounds in Costa Mesa California last weekend, perfect mild weather, and I believe they had the 3,500 cars there that was advertised. My willow green & colonial white 57 Custom looked pretty good under the lights, but of course WAY to many shoebox Chevys there, probably six just in the building I was in, ( I was the only 57 Ford in that building, but I believe a couple of other members had their Custom 300's in another building) and there were seven buildings full of cars with probably close to 3000 outside the buildings. All in all, a great weekend!   More photos to follow.

Custom_Shelby

More photos from the Crusin for a Cure car show in Costa Mesa California last Saturday

Custom_Shelby

A few more...

57AGIN

Custom_Shelby:

Beautiful 57 Custom.  Yes, Rick Crawford & I were in Building 14 with our 57's. Rick's is the Blue 57 Custom 300 Pro-Street with a 427 side-oiler, dual quads & fender well headers.  Mine is the 57 Custom 300 Restomod.  It was a great show with lots of cool cars.  I noticed your email handle, do you also have a Shelby?  Mine is an 2008 Shelby GT, which is a very nice daily driver having a little over 90,000 miles on the odometer.  I didn't take any photos at the Crusin for a Cure Show, but the next day I attended a Ponies at the Pike show in Long Beach and brought both cars.  That was a pretty good show too, about 350 Mustangs and 20 other kinds of Fords.

Bob 

Custom_Shelby

My 57 was in building 12 just to the west of you, had a great time and will return next year. Yes I have a Shelby, a 1968 GT-500KR, as well as a new Mustang GT, in fact, just got my new retro California legacy plates to go with the color, if you catch the meaning!

57AGIN

Custom_Shelby:

That's a fine looking KR.  I really like the color, most of the ones I've seen are the Avocado or Black or White ones.  Yours is exceptional.

Bob

Custom_Shelby

Acapulco Blue Bob, I think Ford only used that color from 1966-69, mine also has the very rare saddle interior instead of the black.  Engine's not to bad either

Contibob

Saw this Custom at the Yucaipa car show tonight. It is even better looking in person. Talked with Custom_Shelby and KidKourier for quite a while. So nice to see the 57s out at local shows. I actually live in San Diego and I have seen more 57s at the Yucaipa show than all the shows and cruise nights at home.