News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bitchin Rides new season 57 Ford Sunliner

Started by Contibob, 2017-10-03 22:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Contibob

Car turned out amazing, Some things not to my taste, but Nice to see a 57 Ford on the show.

Wirenut

Was a 57 restored on a current episode?

lalessi1

It was a 2 part show, (I think). I caught the last part of the first one last night and recorded the second part. I have been waiting a while for this to come on, I saw a preview last year. Few of their cars are to my taste as well, but I am probably in a small minority.
Lynn

57chero

Overall it looked pretty nice, didn't care for the front valance and modified Camaro bumpers.

sprink88

I agree with the Camaro bumpers.  I mean I don't like how big the rear Fairlane bumper is.... But the front isn't that bad. 

I have been trying to figure out why they cut the hell out ofnthr firewall for a 390? I didn't cut mine at all.  AND the guy said he used to have a 427 in it too.  Really showed their lack of skills.  Bitching rides became the new Foose.  Everything looks the same
~Chris

gasman826

Super looking car. 

It is an example of a Mustang II front end NOT being the answer to ALL upgrades.  And don't take a Ford to Chevy guys.

Mavaholic

Hated the bumpers. Should have used a custom rear bumper, then smoothed, trimmed, and tucked them. I really liked the wheels even though I'm not a fan of big wheels. Those whitewall wheels hide their height. Cool car!!!!

Marc

Wasn't crazy about it. Bumpers didn't look right, front valance sucked. Did like the wheels. The green-ish accent color really didn't look good at all. But, to each his own. The owner laid down some serious money for that and he liked it so that's what counts.

Contibob

The reason they had problems with the FE engine was the completely new frame they put under the car. The suspension, steering............ I am one who prefers the original bumpers, yes even the humongous rear Fairlane bumper. They could have done something with those to pull them in tighter maybe even use a 58 rear tightened up. But that is my preference not everyone's.

FORDNUT

They could have saved a lot of fab by leaving it on the stock chassis. FE and trans would have dropped right in, then update suspension. Been there, done that.
At my age I am not required to act mature.

billd5string

I hated the new bumpers. It left the back of the car looking totally unbalanced, and I think the stock front bumper looks great, but I agree tightening it up and removing the bolts would look even better.

I loved that one of the guys said the FE was much cooler than any LS motor, I certainly agree.
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

Rowen55

Hated the back bumper!! It really made the body work look way to tall. Since it was a "custom car", I may have tried using a front bumper for the bulk. I don't know, I'm not a "custom car" builder so what do I know....?!?! ......I know I hated the back bumper.....

62galxe

Part of the FE fitment problems was the adapter plate and 4L60 GM trans.

Ford Blue blood

and the oil pan.  Not sure why they thought they had to build around the oil pan?  Drama? There is plenty of room for a front sump with the MII suspension, given it was a MII styled front suspension it could have been a rear steer set up and not been a problem.

Agree the front and rear bumper treatment was awful.  It just did not "streamline" the profile, made the front and back of the car look "boxy" IMHO.  A modified front and a modified 58 rear would have cleaned up the looks considerably.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

billd5string

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2017-10-06 08:39
... A modified front and a modified 58 rear would have cleaned up the looks considerably.

One can't help but think Kindig probably doesn't know what a '58 Ford even looks like.
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)