News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bitchin Rides new season 57 Ford Sunliner

Started by Contibob, 2017-10-03 22:56

Previous topic - Next topic

John Palmer

Quote from: billd5string on 2017-10-06 10:36
One can't help but think Kindig probably doesn't know what a '58 Ford even looks like.

That's funny!

It would take one of us "old guys".

Lou

The original idea behind Hotrodding  and Customizing was to improve on what the factory did. It seems to me that these hackers on TV ( Bitchen rides, Foose, Fast & loud, etc) change parts for the sake of changing parts and nothing more. On top of that they got the balls to call the car restored. Then again I don't see the point of putting a 100 grand into a 50 grand car to make it worth $20,000 when their finished, guess I just don't understand the new math.

jumping jack flash

I agree with most everyone about this car. Didn't like the bumper redo. What is wrong with a 57 Ford frame? NOTHING! Especially a convertible.Could have cut a lot of expense, and time with stock frame, and Ford transmission.Beefing up stock control arms is all that's needed on a 57 frame. Bottom ball joint mounting is weak but easy to fix. Front mount on lower control arm is also weak and also easy to beef up and still look good.All said, it isn't the Kendig way. A library of off the shelf custom parts is the way more and more shops are going to. Order the part, and follow directions.I like to scrounge and engineer from the boneyard. Time allows me to do it this way,but not most shops have the time I do to put into parts not meant for my car, but are going on it anyway. Even some GM parts are perfect fits. (55-57 chevy electric wiper motors). Does anyone like the front bumper the late Bo Huff put on his 57 Ranchero? I do. It looked right, but heavy. It's from a 57 Desoto. I like the 57 Ford front bumper , but really like the one dressed up with a V- bar and side wings.

Thor

Did anyone else notice the drivers side front wheel wobbles like its bent during the test drive when looking at the car head on?

lalessi1

Lynn