News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trim needed for '57 Ranchero

Started by dmkberger, 2017-10-05 12:21

Previous topic - Next topic

dmkberger

Hey guys, I am building a '57 Ranchero with a '95 Mark VIII 4.6L with rack and pinion and other good stuff here in Lake Havasu City, AZ.
I am seeking the bright trim corners at the top of the bed where the trim goes over the rear window.
I have two that are NOT stainless and are in need of re-chroming.
I would like to find these pieces in Stainless.
If you think you might have what I am looking for, shoot me a line and we'll talk.
Thanks, Dale
Take offs are optional, Landings are mandatory.

57chero

Its pretty unlikely you will find a pair of stainless ones, I have a pair on my car and have never seen another set. There was a pair of re chromed ones on ebay for $250 which isn't bad with todays prices on chroming.

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the forum. What 57chero said on the trim. For some odd reason, the upper corner pieces are chromed not stainless. If your's are in good shape, you'll be a ster ahead of lots of other Ranchero owners.
I "finished" my 4.6 dohc about 2 years ago. I absolutly love it. I did 100% of the work myself, with lots of help from forum members. Any questions just ask. This is a link to my build thread. Much of the work is on other  individual threads before I actually started a build thread.
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=5795.0
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

From what I have always understood is that stainless couldn't be formed in the configuration needed for the corners and I have never seen any.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

dmkberger

I know there is stainless upper corner trim for this car, I've seen it and 57chero has it. I know it's made of unobtainium these days, but if ANYONE comes across a set in any shape, PLEASE let me know. I have already had mine re-chromed for the paltry sum of $100.00. It's good to live close to Las Vegas! But chrome is not stainless and you can't make one look like the other for any length of time...
Take offs are optional, Landings are mandatory.

SkylinerRon

Ford probably had a high scrap rate on the stainless ones and changed to chromed steel.

Ron.

Lou

Weather you got chrome or stainless probably depended on where your ranchero was  built and who supplied the parts.