News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Did anyone here know..........

Started by RICH MUISE, 2017-10-08 08:47

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

about this show?
Yesterday I was at our first of the month local cruise in. Finally had some good weather for it, there were probably 80 cars or so. I was talking to a guy I've known for 3 or 4 years that has a '57 Fairlane 2dr htp. He was telling me about 3 weeks ago they were up in Salida, Colorado just taking a weekend up in the mountains. Oddly enough, that may have been same weekend I was up in that area with my '57, but never got to Salida. Anyways, they were driving thru the downtown area park and noticed a car show going on. As they got closer, he could see a whole line of '57 and '58 Fords! They knew nothing about the show, but of course had to stop. As it turns out, it was a national meet of 57-59 retractible hardtops!. He said there were 40 or 50 of them there, 57 thru 59!!
As he was telling me this, I couldn't help to be thinking how did I not know about this thru THIS FORUM?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

SkylinerRon

It wasn't an IFRC meet. I have heard of a west coast Skyliners club, maybe them.

Ron.

cokefirst

The car show was in Canon City Colorado and it was the Skyliners of America show.  There was a separate show in Salida the weekend before the Skyliner meet and at least one of the members of the Skyliners of America attended that show as well.  I belong to the Southern California Retractable Hardtop club.  Next year the West Coast group will have the convention in Northern California, in the Big Sur area.  I will post the details on this forum.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed