News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Up for Auction in Branson...

Started by robhaerr, 2017-10-08 16:58

Previous topic - Next topic

robhaerr

I loved this car when I saw in Street Rodder a while back. It's up for auction in Branson...one of you guys gonna go get it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT3YuMd0vIU

Hope it brings big money.

Rob

RICH MUISE

Very disappointing to see it go to auction. That is Bob Burdoff's car. It was my inspiration to keep going on my project when I was losing hope that I could ever make it into something I could really like.
LOL, the license plate gets people wondering/asking why if they don't know his last name.
I was honored to meet Bob at an NSRA event last year and get to see the car in person. Once I told him his car was my inpiration he and I hit it off real well and I got a pretty detailed tour of his car. He told me however, he was no longer able to drive the car very much except on local farm roads because he was losing his eyesight. I suspect that is the reason for the sale. I was really hoping someday to park next to him at a show. Probably not , now.
The bronzy color. btw, was picked by his wife when she saw it on a Plymouth Prowler.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

went back and rewatched the short video. Saw a few things the presenter may have been wrong about:
Frenched in T-bird tailights?? Look like stock lenses to me.
I'm not sure the roof line was extended over the windshield, although I really like the rain gutter removed in just the front.
Did anyone notice the trunk seal is on the body and not on the trunk lid?
Gorgeous car.

Limey57

It's a lovely car.  I have no room in my garage for it but I'd happily cut a hole in the side of the house to bring it into the living room!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

gasman826

I was over in your neck of the woods last week.  I wouldn't drive on a bet much less maneuver a full size, collectable American car!

RICH MUISE

I was wrong, again, lol. The Burdoff car did have the front roof extended over the glass. For some reason, I was thinking the oem driprail was on top of the roof panel, but it's in front of it, as the rest of you probably already knew. As the presenter said: lots of work for such a subtle mod.

RICH MUISE

57redwhitered

This sold for $48,400.00. 
1957 Skyliner

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the update..........did you attend the auction? Have any info on Bob Burdoff, such as why he sold it? I sure hope it stayed in the area so we'll get to see it at shows.

57redwhitered

Rich I didn't attend the auction.  I found the results by searching Branson Auto Auction results.  There was a couple of other 57's that also sold.
1957 Skyliner