News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rack and pinion kit

Started by clusterbuster, 2017-10-09 20:50

Previous topic - Next topic

clusterbuster

I bought a rack and pinion steering kit made by Unisteer and it did not work out for me. First the turning radius is much less than the Borgeson PS setup I had previously installed,and second I couldn't get a bind out of the  universal linkage. I drove the car less than 50 miles with the rack installed and took it back out. If anyone would want to rig this unit up in their 57, and don't mind less turning ratio, I will sell it cheap. The only thing you would need to buy is a set of hoses, possibly a pump bracket to mate to your engine, and a floor plate that goes around the steering column. The pump is brand new and was not used, as I used my original Borgeson pump when I ran the system. It is all boxed up and ready to ship out with a new steering shaft, U-Joints and tie rod ends. I paid $1350 for the complete setup and will take less than half of that. Instructions are in the box. The new pump has the bracket for a 332-352 engine.

lalessi1

FYI, Unisteer will sell their parts separately. I just bought a floor plate and a steering column kit from the to use with my Borgeson box. 
Lynn