News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

electrical fasteners

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2017-10-17 10:39

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

hi all,  looking for some electrical fasteners,  the kind used on cylinloids,   elbow type,  the kind u push over the bolts for quick release,  anyoneknow who might have them?,  thanks   jerry

Lou

At one time my wife worked for an electrical motor rebuilding shop, whenever I needed a odd ball connector I called her, if they didn't have it, the guys in the shop would tell her who did.

Ray Summitt

Google jt&t 2500h and wiring depot has them for $2.69 a pair

Ray

billd5string

Quote from: Ray Summitt on 2017-10-17 21:20
Google jt&t 2500h and wiring depot has them for $2.69 a pair

That's way cool! I could use some of those as well! Thanks for posting the part number.
1957 Ford Del Rio
1967 Mercury Cougar
2015 Ram 1500
2018 Mustang GT (daily driver)

Ray Summitt

The wire depot says they fit the starter solenoid and brake light switch on ford cars . 

Oldmics

Be advised that this connector as ordered comes as 2 assemblys.

It is not just the connector (as I had wanted) .  It comes with the wire attached to the connector just as pictured.

So its not just the 90* connector. You have to splice the wire that is attached to the connector into the harness.

Not a big deal but I wanted just the connector.

Anybody know where to obtain just the connector ???

Oldmics

rmk57

Quote from: Ray Summitt on 2017-10-18 17:36
The wire depot says they fit the starter solenoid and brake light switch on ford cars .

The brake light switch uses the flat spade connectors while the solenoid has the round style.

Over the years I've always kept sections of wiring harnesses just for this purpose, splicing in pieces for that oem look.

Oops, never mind about the brake light switch, I was thinking about the type of switch that works off the brake pedal.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429