News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

door mirror

Started by glenmichael, 2017-10-28 08:19

Previous topic - Next topic

glenmichael

Hello everyone, when I started this 57 custom 300  project 19 years ago, the car was missing many parts.. I am now able to back it out of the garage! the problem is no door mirrors, both doors have been drilled, same location with the holes being  6 and 11/16 inches center to center.. Any thoughts on the mirrors that might have been used? I looked up 57 mirror replacement and it shows 5 and 1/2 inch.?? Thanks..

lalessi1

You might search "Yankee mirror" on eBay. They were a US manufacturer of mirrors IN THE '50s and 60s, some had bases as long as 14 1/2" I have one on my car and the base is 9 3/4".
Lynn

glenmichael

Hello everyone, after searching for mirrors and looking at many 1957 Fords, I can't help but like the round mirror they used that year. The car is still in primer so fix a couple more holes and use the right mirror.. Does anyone know a suppler they would recommend? Thanks

glenmichael

Hello everyone, After a couple hours of looking at "57 Ford door mirror", I caved in and ordered one from Dearborn Classics, arrived from MAC's ?? On sale 39.00 to be honest it's a nice looking mirror! The thing is backing out is far less stressful, but after looking at the car all these years I can not believe the change one little mirror can bring...

SkylinerRon

Both of those companies were bought out by ecklers chevy parts.

Ron.