News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Need the nut that retains the trunk lock assembly for Custom..

Started by JPotter57, 2017-11-11 17:07

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Had this nut last week on the car, took it off to work on lockset, lost the nut in the process  argghh.  Anybody have a spare?  Let md know, price with shipping to 39571..thanks.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

suede57ford

I made a wrench just for doing those  Custom trunk lock nuts.  I cut a cheap boxed end wrench to about 3" long and cut a 1/2" slot in the boxed part.  I keep it in a special place in the tool box.  Makes the job much easier.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Randyh

That is nut part# 356164S8 Green Sales Company and NOS Parts Ltd.  list them in stock.

RICH MUISE

LOL, James.........was that the one I sent you a few years ago because you lost the first one? You obviously have something to remove them, but for others, No special tools needed........a plumber's basin wrench works just fine for the few times you'd need one.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

You sent me one Rich, but it was because I never had one to begin with.  I had bought a trunk lock housing from Allen White, and I needed the retainer and nut, which you sent me.  I kept it all this time, put the trunk lock assembly on the car, then got new locksets.  I was having trouble with the trunk lock getting the new lockset to fit in, so I took it off the car, the nut apparently went to find all those 10 mm sockets that have gone missing over the years...
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

James.
    If I had a spare one , I would send it to you in a heartbeat. You and your father are always very generous with your spare 57 parts. 
    Welcome to the world of misplacing parts and tools.  As soon as you get one on the car, you will find the missing one.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving.   Jay

JPotter57

Dad found one and it is on its way now...The retainer nut for Falcons, Mustangs, most 50s Fords, is all the same, and he had a couple for Falcon laying around.  Good to keep all that stuff man, never know when youre going to need it.
Old, loud, and fast.