News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Interior

Started by glenmichael, 2017-11-14 10:16

Previous topic - Next topic

glenmichael

Hello everyone, I hope you don't mind,, I never run out of questions.. Now that the car is Driveable, I would like to complete the inside from carpet to headliner!!! I have sent for a interior information package from LeBaron Bonney. Anyone use them or any other source you might recommend??

thomasso

Got mine from Lebaron Bonney.  Proper heat sealed seams as origional, full vinyl convertible.   Excellent.  They didn't have carpets at the time.  Got them from an outfit in Oregon with proper thread bound edges, expensive but nice.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

gasman826

LB did a custom headliner with material I ordered from another supplier.  Prompt, accommodating, courteous, and competitively priced.  Fit like a glove.

SkylinerRon

LB-B for kits,  SMS in Oregon for raw yardage.

Ron.

lowrider

Labaron Bonney gets their material from SMS. Ordered a interior kit for my 61 Starliner from LB and I'm going on 2yrs. receiving everything. Problem is SMS. They didn't have the right grain material for my seats and couldn't tell me when they would have it. Waited 8 months and got nothing. Frustrated, I chose a different but close grain pattern and my seat covers came a week later. LB did a good job on the covers. Fit was great and only an expert could tell the difference. Now I'm waiting for door trim panels. Because I chose a different material SMS (that's where they come from) put me at the end of the line to have mine made even though they haven't did a thing to make them. I forget now but I think I'll get them in the spring. My advice. LB and SMS make great stuff. Quality is number one. However, if your dealing with either of them and they tell you they don't have the right material, RUN as fast as you can to a place that can get the work done.

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, Just received the paperwork and pricing from LeBaron Bonney...OUCH!! I know some of you guys have BEAUTIFUL cars...but I'm just building a 57 hot rod..fun to drive..look good..It will never be a show car. I'll keep looking for something more in line with what the car it is.

gasman826

lot cheaper if you stay away from the original materials.  There is a lot of 'period correct' materials out there that will serve you well at a more competitive price.

59meteor

Quote from: glenmichael on 2017-11-17 16:05
Hello Everyone, Just received the paperwork and pricing from LeBaron Bonney...OUCH!! I know some of you guys have BEAUTIFUL cars...but I'm just building a 57 hot rod..fun to drive..look good..It will never be a show car. I'll keep looking for something more in line with what the car it is.
Out of curiousity, what was the quote, and what all was included? My 59 2 door sedan is also meant to be a weekend toy, and although I would prefer to get the factory style material, which SMS has and sent me samples of, but being a not particulaily valuable year or model, I can`t justify spending as much for the interior as the car is worth!
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, The prices I asked were for a 57 custom 300,(Headliners-435, trunk mat-230, panel kit-1280, Looking at their site I'm sure it's top quality stuff!! In my car ( back seat recovered, B&M Mega-Shifter, 64 Galaxie bucket seats ) I don't feel that's the look I want, or the price I'm willing to pay. I love the car and I'm sure the rite fit is out there, I'll keep surfing the net, and reading the info this site and everyone has to offer. Thanks

terry_208

I hope this gives a bit of usable info.  I priced a local upholstery shop for the complete interior for my Custom 2 Dr and was shocked as the estimate was "in the range of $5-6k, for labor".  I know that's installed but still almost gave me a heart attack.
Terry

Ray

Mine came through Larry's T-bird, Ontario, CA. Convertible (76b) Correct grain, somewhat custom (two-tone Cumberland and Willow, also stitched pleats like the t-bird). Heat seamed door panels, top well and boot cover. Material came from SMS, took two years. $4500.00 for the parts, $2500.00 to install but I supplied the patterns for the rear seat, rear side panels, top well, and boot cover so I got a little discount. Did not include the dash pad. Just as shocking, the stay fast convertible top was a little over $2000.00 and almost as much to install.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

Smooth150

Got my from LLB car is mod63A very happy with the quality had issue with the carbord panels around rear seat ri
2 styles of  floorpan Great people took care price wasn't bad hit them on holiday sale got 20 percent off
Highly recommend 👍

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, The only thing left in the interior is the Dash... before that comes apart, now that the shifter is on the floor I would like to change the indicator ( pictured )...  Did ford make a different piece for manual shift? Is one out there?

gasman826

You can substitute a manual transmission trim piece for the automatic.

PIC:  The Raunch Wagon was upgraded to a '64 Galaxie column with the manual trans trim plate.

57chero

Back when I was building mine I used a shortened 75 F-100 column with the indicator mounted on it so I modified the stick shift plate to fit the column.