News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Interior

Started by glenmichael, 2017-11-14 10:16

Previous topic - Next topic

57chero

Here's another shot of it in the car.

glenmichael

That is beautiful... Thank You

RICH MUISE

X2. Very well done and very pretty. what is the wheel from?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57chero

The wheel is from a 66 Fairlane.

Marc

I like the look of that hanging gas pedal much better than the old floor mount. What did you use?

57chero

The arm or linkage is the stock 57, then I welded the pivoting gas pedal from the 75 F100 onto it. You can still remove the pedal if you need to and its a lot more comfortable and controllable for me anyway.

59meteor

Good tip on the gas pedal, may try that on my 59. I recognize the 66 Fairlane steering wheel, but whats the steering column from?Did you use a different steering box? if so, what did you choose?
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

57chero

Shortened 75 f-100 column with a borgeson u-joint to a borgeson power box.

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, I was looking to clean-up and paint my dashboard. After those photos the bar is set high! I've said it before you guys have some beautiful 57's out there.. Looks like a manual shift trim piece is a start and now I have a goal to reach. Thanks for helping..

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, In taking the doors apart I remember I need a door lock rod, should I look to make one? I can't find one for sale. Any ideas?

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, Installed the heat/sound barrier to the underside of the 57 roof. Still looking for Headliner. Question? Before I start on the floor(heat/sound barrier), I was pulling the heater core box apart, when a gentleman stopped and told me back in 57 in florida you could buy one of these cars without a heater and they came with a ( delete plate) on the dash. True Story?

RICH MUISE

absolutely. Heaters were an option back in '57. That's why so many have dealer installed heaters vs factory installed, they actually left the factory without a heater. Mine was in that category.
I think James has or had one that never had a heater.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Swank

Heater delete and radio delete on mine.  Blank off plates for both.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

gasman826

terry_208

What did you use for heat/sound barrier?
Terry