News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trunk Mat

Started by glenmichael, 2017-11-17 07:11

Previous topic - Next topic

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, getting ready to paint the inside of the trunk. Anyone bought a trunk mat lately? Any suggestions in that area? Thanks..

thomasso

Got mine from Mac's a few years back.  Perfect.  They do need to be glued though or they slide around and the wrinkles will not just eventually flatten out.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

Ford Blue blood

Let them lay out in the sun for a few hours.  The pieces for the Bird trunks came all wadded up, spread them out on the pad, rearranged them pulling the pieces flat as they "warmed up" and "relaxed" then put them in place (or as close as possible) for a day or two then glue them down.  They stayed nice after being glued!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ray

Burtex, not vinyl. Vinyl looks really cheap.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

lalessi1

I bought a Burtex mat a few months ago on eBay, I noticed the prices were going up and the availability of the Burtex seemed to be going down. I assumed they were all coming from the same source. Mine is great even if it seems a little large.
Lynn

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, I have ordered a trunk mat from E-Bay. When It's in I'll post my comments or thoughts on the product. The trunk is almost ready, one question. At the bottom where the spare tire would be and on the shelf behind the rear seat there is about an 1.5" hole. Are there rubber plugs out there to fill these? Thanks

lalessi1

Yes, for sure! I bought mine from Restoration Specialties. Steele Rubber is another source...

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/

Lynn

glenmichael

Hello Everyone, Received the trunk mat and plugs I ordered off E-Bay, both items made in the USA.. The plugs fit perfect, the  trunk mat material and sewn shape is very nice, just a little big on the perimeter. Once I decide what to cut the Burtex with I hope it will be a fine fit. As of now the trunk looks so 1957 and I'm very happy with what I received!

glenmichael

Hello everyone, At this point I think the trunk is finished, well maybe. Thought I'd try and post a picture. On to the INTERIOR..

lalessi1

Looking good!
Lynn