News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Fairlane steering box

Started by chapingo17, 2017-11-21 17:36

Previous topic - Next topic

chapingo17

I probably rebuilt my steering box I got some play in steering wheel. I made as much adjustement as I could at steering box. My question is where can I find the internal gearing such as worm gear, selector, bearings and gaskets to fully rebuilt steering box at a good price?

Jaybird

I am currently working on my steering box now. I found all of the parts to rebuild at C&G Ford parts. Worm sector shaft seals bearings are all available. Hope this helps
In God We Trust!
    Jaybird
1932 Ford Roadster
1957 Ranch Wagon
1961 Econoline P/U
1962 Merc Monterey S-55
1966 Mustang Hdtp
1968 Mustang Hdtp

SkylinerRon

Carpenter and most of the usual vendors have these.

Ron.

chapingo17

I'm in the process of rebuilding the original steering box. I ordered most parts from C&G Ford worm gear, upper lower seals but I did not find an option to order the selector. Does anyone know were can I find a sector? Could I leave the same sector?

Jaybird

I just finished mine and could not locate a sector. I had to reuse the original. Luckily the original was not worn like the worm.
In God We Trust!
    Jaybird
1932 Ford Roadster
1957 Ranch Wagon
1961 Econoline P/U
1962 Merc Monterey S-55
1966 Mustang Hdtp
1968 Mustang Hdtp

chapingo17

My sector also looked good. What happens is that the worm gear wears and in most cases you can reuse the sector.