News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

FREE '57 Ford parts

Started by fordloverracing, 2017-11-21 18:41

Previous topic - Next topic

fordloverracing

Cleaning out the shop after a '57 restoration.... misc parts are free to anyone that can use them, just pay shipping if applicable.
These are used take-off parts;
radiator support with both hinges, rust at lower section
trans crossmember
front sway bar
auto shift tube
pitman arm/drag link/idler arm/tie rods  (manual steering)
driveshaft
gas pedal bellcrank on firewall
Parts located in the Knoxville, TN area. Thanks, Rick
Brake and clutch pedal assembly is being sold for $150.00 per owner of parts.

RICH MUISE

That's a heck of a first post! Welcome to the forum. Looks like the donor car got some serious mods.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

fordloverracing

Rich,
Thanks for the welcome, hopefully I can add something beneficial to Forum in the future.
You are also correct about the donor car being modified, it received a R&C rack/pinion/coil-over front end kit along with a Mustang Cobra IRS rear end and Wilwood 4-wheel disc brakes with hydro-boost. Power was provided by a 482 cu in FE via a Pond aluminum block/BBM heads & a 2x4V tunnelwedge and a TKO 600 5 spd. Vintage Air, pwr windows & locks & tilt all gave him a little more comfort.
I tried to keep the car as long as I could for "road testing" but owner finally saw thru that & took it home so he could enjoy it. Will try to post a picture as soon as I can.
Thanks again for the welcome, Rick

Ecode70D

Rick
     Welcome to the site and thank you for being generous with those spare 57 Ford parts.
Jay 

jumping jack flash

Don't you think these 2 guys deserve an applaud? I sent them one for their generosity .I mean , really giving away steering columns, and grills? Give them a round of applause.

Marc

I dunno. Call me paranoid, but all kinds of red flags go up when people show up out of nowhere offering free stuff. If they're legit, good for them but for now I'll remain skeptical.

clusterbuster

Puzzling- the first post said parts are located in Knoxville, TN and the last post they are located in Ann Arbor MN.

Swank

This thread was started by fordloverracing, the other threads of the same name but numbered, were started by kennedybc.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

clusterbuster

Didn't look close enough I guess, thought they  were the same guy. Funny that there hasn't been much feed back from either party.  I even emailed the first one with no reply for the grille question.

fordloverracing

Seems to be a little mis-understanding of the ad I posted Nov. 21, 2017 regarding Free '57 Ford parts. I was and am still located in the Knoxville, TN area, I have given away 80% of the "free" parts and will scrap the balance since they are not worth the hassle of shipping.
The brake/clutch pedal assembly is the only part the owner of the parts wants to try and sell.
The other " '57 Ford parts" poster has a grille available... not me.
Sorry if my ad caused any confusion, not sorry if someone just wants to be a jerk.
Thanks for the space, Rick

RICH MUISE

Rick......certainly nothing to apologize for, your ad was not confusing at all. Your time and offer was very generous and much appreciated. Thanks again.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

clusterbuster

Sorry Fordlover for any confusion I have caused. I did email Kennedy, and not you about the grille. Just trying to be an honest broker who needs a good left side grille.

Wirenut

Fordlover, don't be offended by what was said, this is a great site and has many members willing to share information. Your welcomed here and your generosity is appreciated. We're all 57 brothers and have a common bond. We're all bulls and bucks and get ahead of ourselves sometimes too. All I have is good to say about experiences here are better than other sites. Welcome aboard.