News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Blower motor Housing NEEDED for my '57 Ranchero

Started by dmkberger, 2017-12-24 19:50

Previous topic - Next topic

dmkberger

Hey guys, I am in need again and look here for there will be more sympathy from fellow '57 Ford owner than elsewhere.
What I am looking for is the Blower Motor Housing that bolts to the firewall.
Mine is severely damaged, I assume the guy who was "rat rodding" my Ranchero dropped the garbage 390 in it.
I've been looking everywhere and have not been able to find one yet...
Anybody that has one, let me know what you want for it and we'll talk! Like shipping and such.
Thanks for helping, and Merry Christmas!
Dale
Take offs are optional, Landings are mandatory.

RICH MUISE

You'll need to post which heater system you have. The factory installed heater used both large openings, while the dealer installed system used only the one hole below the seam/ flange on the firewall and had a cover over the top hole.

Cancel that! I just saw your post on the free parts. That's a factory setup in their pic.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

dmkberger

I had no idea really... I have the basic heater with no frills what so ever. It's just a black box on the passenger side with the blower motor mounted in it. Here's the best picture I could find. I can't get pictures to work...http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=5401.msg46073#msg46073

KYBlueOval

I'm pretty sure I have all of the heater pieces you need that were removed from my '57 Ranchero. We can talk later this week about exactly what you need, pricing, shipping etc.. My grandsons will be up shortly and all hell will break loose here, as it appears the fat man stopped here last night
John
502 773 05 nine two
If I do not answer, please leave a message

RICH MUISE

Dale: LOL..actually yours has more frills than the dealer installed unit. In the pic you posted from Canadian Ranchero's car, you can see that the housing you're looking for goes up to the cowl area (above the firewall flange) for fresh air intake. That's the factory unit.  The dealer installed unit does not utilize that upper cowl opening, thus does not have a fresh air intake at all. The dealer unit has a flat cover plate on the upper hole.
Back in '57, heaters were an option and many cars, if not the majority, left the factory without one. I'm not sure why they had a different heater design for the ones that were dealer installed, but as I explained, it was different. Probably an ease of installation thing. The dealer installed ones seem to be what we see more frequently. It's rare, but cars from the south have been found with no heaters at all, just the factory delete plates on both firewall holes.
Just some useless related info.....Since anyone installing an aftermarket A/C system will cover both the holes, The factory delete plates became high demand. Unfortunately, the tens of thousands of lower delete plates that were removed by the dealers when they installed the heaters were, of course, of no further use, and discarded. John Gamble had reproduced those delete plates, not sure if they are still available
Probably more than you wanted to know.
Merry Christmas!
Rich

RICH MUISE

BTW........living in Lake Havasu, aren't you going to be wanting an A/C unit? If so, you won't be needing what your looking for! Speaking of Lake Havasu, you've got the best source for fittings and adapters right there in town! Pure Choice Motorsports has about everything you'll need for metric to AN adapters,springlock to AN,etc etc. I was actually there a few years back. Very knowledgeable people, and very helpful. They actually ran a ss fitting for me on their nc lathe while I waited because their inventory was out.
Also, on the problem posting pics.......I may be able to help if you're using a PC. John/KYBlueoval has problems posting as well. We talked back a few weeks ago, and I couldn't  help him a whole lot as he is running a Mac computer, and resizing pics is different than on a PC. We need to get both you guys posting pics! John is building a Ranchero as well with some interesting mods..such as relocating his gas filler to behind the tailight! We need pics!
My phone number is 806 341 two zero three 6. If you want I can lead you thru posting pics as I said if your on a microsoft operating system pc.
Also, your at the point in your 4.6 dohc plans where you may want to consider some preparations and alternatives such as R&P vs Borgenson with the 4.6 in mind. I'll be more than happy to share what I know.

dmkberger

I really appreciate the help I've gotten off of this forum. I am building a '57 Ranchero with a '95 Lincoln Mark VIII powertrain and most of the electronics. I have an original dealer install A/C unit to use in combination with the factory heater. If I am ever able to post pictures I will start from the beginning and go through to where I am today in the build. I am still doing metal work, replacing floors is almost complete, almost! Then there's the firewall and so on. Thanks again for all of the help guys. Oh, Merry Christmas!

KYBlueOval

As Rich has explained, I have a problem posting photos on the Forum. If you would like to see what I did with the hole left by removing the heater, let me know and send me a Private Message with a E-mail address or a number for a smart phone ,and I'll send photos to you.For the record, the body work being done on my Ranchero is NOT my work. I'm paying a friend of mine to do it.
I see that you responded to the offer of some free parts as I also did. I hope that works out for you. I sent my request for parts many days ago and to date have not received a reply. Your results may very well be better
Merry Christmas
John