Incredible number of high end resto 57 Fords and more at Mecum Auctions.

Started by djfordmanjack, 2018-01-03 04:26

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

hiball3985

Almost every one has hockey sticks, they must have a surplus  :003: :003:. Sedan delivery is the only one that interest me.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

interesting, yes. either it's a very late built 57 model or someone put a lot of efforts in a 58SD to return it into a 57 model (57 dash, even 57 rear bumper).
others have lots of options (all factory PS, A/C, P wds) and ultra rare (if not impossible) color combos.
Somebody was very, very much into 57 Fords here !

djfordmanjack

Ford script hoses, date stamp decals, long batteries, grill guards, hockey sticks, T bird wire wheels,.... everywhere you look.... very detailed restorations, if a little overrestored maybe !

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2018-01-03 13:10
Ford script hoses, date stamp decals, long batteries, grill guards, hockey sticks, T bird wire wheels,.... everywhere you look.... very detailed restorations, if a little overrestored maybe !

I agree....very nice 57's... but I can't see a market for a 60k-90k 57.... But hey.. there is a fit for everyone!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

jumping jack flash

One of Jerry's Rancheros went for $110,000.00 a couple of years ago.It wasn't even supercharged. A bit later he sold another ranchero for $91,000.00. And I only thought that I spend too much on my hobby.His work is second to none.

suede57ford

Jerry's work is very respected. His restorations are very correct and highly detailed.   I hope the cars bring good money as they are very nice examples.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Somebody was very, very much into 57 Fords here !
Guenther....that's all they do 57, 58 and 59. Check out his website on our links list if you haven't allready, particularly the parts and services they offer.
I still can't believe I spent 2 days twiddling my thumbs in Springdale, Ark. Nothing to do (I thought) while we were waiting waiting on a contractor back 3 years ago. Found out Jerry's was in that town just a few days after I got back.
www.jerrysclassiccars.com
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

That's a whole lot of nice looking cars.   The guy does real nice work.

djfordmanjack

Yes obviously Jerry's restorations are second to none. But I can't make out from the Auction site, who they are actually selling these for ?
Jerry's business? or was this a private collection, that was Jerry's best customer ?
It seems crazy to have that many Skyliners at the same auction. but, if someone has the money to spend, it seems he would want to choose his wife's favorite color then....hahaha....so there you go....plenty of color choices here.
It's refreshing that the estimates for the non restored cars are quite reasonable. the cheaper blue Sunliner w/ 351 says 15 to 25k which is quite fair I think.

RICH MUISE

That is strange, isn't it....particularly for a no reserve auction. A bad day at the block with that many vehicles could spell disaster.

rmk57

I think 6 would be too many at one auction or enough to drag the price down anyway, but 27!  But who knows. Most of these auctions are saturated with Corvettes and they still seem to do quite well. One thing I'm glad of is I don't have mine for sale at that auction.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

My guess is this has been planned for a long time. I suspect with the results Jerry's has gotten over the past years, they have figured out there are a fair number of prospective buyers all over the country that maybe wouldn't travel a few thousand miles for a chance to bid on one car. Mechem's probably has collected data about who has bid on Jerry's cars unsuccesfully in the past, and, who knows, maybe they're even flying a bunch of those guys in for this maybe once in a lifetime chance at landing one.

gasman826

Don't forget...they got this new thing called on-line bidding.

Ford Blue blood

Not all are "Jerry's'" cars.  Couple of them will need some work to bring them up to the "estimated" 40 - 60K.  One with a tire going flat? 
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II