News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Lots of 57 - 58 Fords

Started by Ecode70D, 2018-01-05 05:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

If you have lots of time, check out this thread on the HAMB.  It's loaded with nice cars.

How about a 1957-1958 Ford thread?

Jeff Norwell

Fantastic Thread Jay!!!!!!!!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

Jay, here is a direct link to make it a little easier for our not-so-computer-interested members.
Not everybody is as quick on the Internet as you are  :002:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/how-about-a-1957-1958-ford-thread.1004383/

djfordmanjack

hey, there seems to be about 1/2 of this forum on that HAMB thread +a few more celebrities :003:

this one I like

and I can't believe how long this one's been around and now it is for sale even.
If I had the money I would buy it right away. It's the most beautiful customized 57 ever IMHO. The color and interior alone....WOW.

Come on guys, somebody here on this forum must be in the market. 52k. let's bring this in the 57 Fords International club! :003:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/portland-show-winner-1957-ford-%E2%80%9Cseaburst%E2%80%9D-car-craft-car.1091439/

Jeff Norwell

Jay.. the Seaburst Custom(Above)  was the car we discussed a few weeks back.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

Jeff, I have been addicted to the Seaburst for decades. I think I first saw it back in a book in the late 90s. It's among the cars that originally brought me to 57s.
Now let's hear from Jay, what he thinks about it... :003: I think he'd like it, if somebody restored it back into its original Fairlane condition...but then, it still isn't a Custom hahaha

geraldchainsaw

i looked at all of the pictures,  not one rag top

JPotter57

Seaburst has a 58 roof panel, nice
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

I'm sort of more addicted to the cream or white custom with the 427 front plate.  Notice that he didn't get  cheated because he actually  has a real back seat.  I'm willing to bet that his back windows even roll down also.  HAHA

Then again I also like the all black custom too.     

rmk57

Unless it's a 32-33-34 Ford I don't think a chopped roof does any justice to the looks of any fifties car, especially a 57 Ford.

The white custom,I agree does look badass!
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

John Palmer

I like the cream custom, simple, clean, VERY NICE!

Chopped tops are not my thing on 50's cars.  But, I still have to really appreciate all of the time and work they have put into it to get all of the trim pieces cut and plated to fit.  I just can't imagine having to crawl "in and out" of a chopped roof car a thousand times during a build, with my 70 year old knees.

junior58

Wow, cool thread, thanks for sharing. Lotsa great cars there.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

djfordmanjack

While reading through the HAMB thread that covers the story and history on the blue 'SEABURST' 1957 Kustom I came across an utterly interesting point. concerning how to deal with filling in potmetal pieces and joining them with adjacent steel. I know that this might annoy purists among our crowd, but there are many who sought different approaches like bonding taillight bezels or fabricating them from steel and welding on. look guys how it was done on the Seaburst. and the car is rolling proof after 50+ yrs!

He also used 1958 Ford quad headlight bezels, which are made of pot metal, and they were molded into the fenders.
The car was purchased by a friend of mine when he was in high school.
While he was doing this, Von Hunter explained to me how he molded the pot metal headlight bezels from a 1958 Ford onto the 1957. He had the bezels copper plated, and then he bolted them on the car and soldered the bezels to the steel fender. The final smoothing was done with autobody solder (lead), and it did a beautiful job of joining the dissimilar metals. The car is still here in Gresham, Oregon, and after many years the job still looks flawless.
This is the only time I have seen this done in my many years of dealing with cars. I thought you might appreciate knowing how this was done.

RICH MUISE

I have to remember that.seems like a good way to do it, although back in the day when they did that, they did not have the high tech adhesives we have today.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

Rich , I do agree that todays bonding agents are the way to go, but nonetheless copperplating and soldering is a surprisingly easy solution to decades old problems :001: you probably know the delight we tinkerers get, when we go 'oh now THAT'S the we they did it'.... :003: