News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Parts car

Started by SkylinerRon, 2018-01-05 23:41

Previous topic - Next topic

SkylinerRon

RICH MUISE

Wow. Anybody know who's this was? I wonder if they were in it when it got hit....the back of the front seat looks broken, so I'm guessing there was somebody in it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

I'd bet there was someone in the front seat as well.  Looks like the engine went back, dent in the air cleaner cause by the hood hook?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

yep, that's what I meant.somebody probably was in the front seat.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Marc

Oh man it hurts just looking at that.

Ecode70D

That's very painful    to see.  I'm hoping that it was insured and that those pieces get used by someone that needs them so they can get their car running.   

suede57ford

What a hard hit.   Very sad to see another nice looking '57 Ford gone.  Would be a premiuim parts car as it looks pretty correct.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Oldmics

Thats a Retractable.

Lotsa good parts left on that one although I"m sorry to see it go !

Appears to be in Calgary Ca. Be tough to get it across the border.

Oldmics

SkylinerRon

Our N.W. or Canuck members should get this. There is half a restored Skyliner there.

Ron.

jvo

Nice start to a retractable if a person only had a good retractable donor car.  Gee, I wonder if I should call Alvin Stadel.  He had a nice rust free 57 retractable there last time we were there.  Gee I wonder.  His car, plus this one would make it a pretty easy job to build. 
NOPE. Not gonna do it.  Nope. 
But Alvin is only 6 hours south of me, and Calgary is only 2 hours North of me, and it would sure be easy.
Nope, gotta come to my senses.  Can't look any more.  Gotta go finish my Ranchero first now.  Can't think about this.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

terry_208

Quote from: jvo on 2018-01-08 10:38
Nice start to a retractable if a person only had a good retractable donor car.  Gee, I wonder if I should call Alvin Stadel.  He had a nice rust free 57 retractable there last time we were there.  Gee I wonder.  His car, plus this one would make it a pretty easy job to build. 
NOPE. Not gonna do it.  Nope. 
But Alvin is only 6 hours south of me, and Calgary is only 2 hours North of me, and it would sure be easy.
Nope, gotta come to my senses.  Can't look any more.  Gotta go finish my Ranchero first now.  Can't think about this.

As beautiful of work that you do, just get them both!  They'll wait till next month when you've finished your Ranchero.
Terry

jvo

I reposted this on the Canadian Rodder site, and we got a response.  One of the members of the nifty fifties club in Calgary responded and said one of their members owned the car.  Nice original unrestored 57, and he got hit by a drunk driver, so no insurance.  I guess his own insurance paid him out for the car, but refused to sell the remains back to him.  They were happy to see it posted, and he said he's contacting the owner so he can probably buy it back now. 
Alvin, you still got that rust free retractable in your back yard?  Perfect application for it here now.
If I could roll back the years, back when I was young and limber, loose as ashes in the wind, had no irons in the fire.... wish I'd done things different, but wishin' don't make it so. ( Ian Tyson)

alvin stadel

Yes John I still have it along with the frame of another that you and Ole Jerr  looked at the last time you were at my place. I'm like you, I don't need anymore projects. Hope to have the RHT that I'm restoring done by next year then I'm done too.  Take care, Alvin

SkylinerRon

It is so great to hear the original owner may get the car back.

Ron.