News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

heater hose

Started by oldgasser, 2018-01-14 07:28

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgasser

Could anyone tell me the correct routing for the heater hose's on my 312 from engine to firewall connection?
Thank you in advance.
Ron.

lalessi1

There is a clip on the rear battery hold down bolt and another on the inner fender. the routing is very simple through these clips. Here is a pic... Hope this helps.
Lynn

Ecode70D

Thanks Lynn.   I needed that also.

oldgasser

Thanks Lynn for your input.
Much appreciated.
Ron.

djfordmanjack

thx Lynn, never knew about the second clip on the battery frame!

Ecode70D

I had no idea about that one on the battery hold down also until I saw one on another 57.  Fortunately for me I found one  in my spare parts collection.   Just didn't know what it was for.
    If someone has a spare one that they would sell or be willing to part with part with, please contact me so I can ship it to Guenter in Austria.   I'll be sending some parts to him next month and this would be a good opportunity to get it to him because it will not take up much space.
Jay   

Oldgasser.  Please excuse me for invading your thread. 

djfordmanjack

Jay, thank you for your inquiry. I could indeed use one of those, but I can think of a very simple solution. I just need a paper pattern of that clip. it is very simple to cut and bend from 18 gauge steel sheetmetal, if you can just draw the pattern of the circumference on a piece of thin cardboard or thick paper. I will be able to make just 2 of them for both the CS and DR.

Ecode70D

If we can't get you a real one, I'll make that pattern for you  and put into the box.  Do you have the other one that is on the right inner fender ?
     Email me and let me know.  I don't want to wear out our welcome with oldgasser.

hiball3985

Mine is missing the battery one too.

OLDGASSER, the hose from the intake goes to the bottom of the heater, top hose from the heater goes to the water pump. Heater cores fill from the bottom..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang