News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

HOW TO POST PICTURES TO THE FORUM USING IMGUR

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-09-23 17:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

I have been asked to post up pictures or how to post pictures by a few members and figured I'd do a quick tutorial on how I do it.

I use Imgur, but you can use Flickr, SuperMotors or any other free image hosting site. I would, however, stay away from Photobucket.

I'll list a link to all of them, but for this tutorial, I will use Imgur.

Imgur link: https://imgur.com/

Flickr link: https://www.flickr.com/

SuperMotors link: https://www.supermotors.net/

Okay, once you click on the Imgur link you will see this page:

Click on the "Sign UP" button at the top right of the screen and then you will see this page:

Now pick out a username (you can use the one from this forum if you like)
Enter your E-Mail address,
Pick a password, then re-enter it to make sure it's the same and hit the next button

..which will bring you to this screen:

Check the box that says "I am not a Robot"

and then hit "Register" which will bring you to this screen:

Hit the "Sign In" button at the top right and you will end up here"

Now if you are using windows, you can just click on the folder on the bottom of your screen that I have marked with a red arrow:

...or you can click the "Add Images"button on the top right and this screen will appear:

then you can hit the "browse button"and find your picture's folder that way".

When you open that folder, your directory of pictures, downloads etc, will open and you can click on the folder you have the picture you want to post is in. In my case, I'm going to click on my Pictures folder:

NOTE: If it opens too big, just shrink so it's small enough to drag your pictures over to Imgur like I did in this pic.

Now scroll through and find the picture or pictures you want to post and left click on the picture

Then hold down the left mouse key and drag it into Imgur and a grey box will appear in the middle (like the one 3 pics back with the giraffe image) and you drag your picture onto it and let go(you'll have to take my word on this part because I can't take a screenshot of it)

After you let go, this screen will appear:

Now click on your picture: ( I marked it with a red arrow)

and when you do, this screen will appear:

Now just hit the "copy button" the "BBCode message board and forums" link I circled here:

and paste the code in your forum post.

I know it sounds like a lot of work, but after you sign up, it will litterely take you seconds to post a picture.

I hope this helps.

If you have any questions or need any help, just PM me. For those of you who have my number, just call and I will be glad to help out.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

Once you create an account you will be brought to this page if you are still signed in:

Click on the round "A" at the top right of the page and a drop down menu will appear:

click on the images tab:

and you will be brought to your images page:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

Ecode70D

WOW! Joe.  You put a lot of time and thinking into that.  It's going to take me some time to get up the courage to make that plunge.  When I do it will most likely be the imgur system.
  Jay 

djfordmanjack

Jay. I know how much you 'like' computer stuff, but this addition to your internet skills will be all worth it. Take your time, and try following Joe's instructions. what might look difficult now will become easy after a few times. it sure is a great addition to forum talk (and showing off :002:) being able to easily post pics in a few seconds.
If you should still be uncomfortable with the sites mentioned by Joe, I can link you to a German pic posting site which is also 100% safe and VERY easy to use.

CobraJoe

Has anyone used/tried this; and if so, has it worked for you?

rmk57

Just tried it now. Works fantastic.

I was with my sister at Lions in 1970-71 and took this photo. I think it's a Boss 429.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Jeff Norwell

The site works very well Joe..Thank you!

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

CobraJoe

Glad it worked out, wasn't sure if I did all the steps correctly, lol.

KYBlueOval

Joe, I keep trying to learn how to post photos and this morning I did it. The old dog learned a new trick. One thing I do not understand how to do..........I had two photos, but I do not know how to post both at the same time in the same post.  So I posted them separately. How do I do post multiple photos in a singular post?
Many thanks
John

Tom S

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2018-10-20 04:25
How do I do post multiple photos in a singular post?

Just add the 'BBCode message board and forums link' for the second (or more) pic.
Just make sure that you copy the whole thing & it has [ img ] at the front
& [ /img ] at the end, but without those spaces I'm showing here between the brackets & the img & /img stuff. (Without those spaces that text didn't show in this reply.)
This post was missing the mg] at the end.
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=7648.msg65951#msg65951

CobraJoe

John, just like Tom said; just click the blue copy button and paste it to your reply. I like to leave a blank space between my pics, but you don't have to.

This is how I post two or more pics:  (remember; the "]" at the end should be right after the "g" for it to show as a picture, I moved it so you could see the actual link)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4VnGb4i.jpg[/img    ]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/7kQSNrS.png[/img  ]

Thanks for the help Tom

CobraJoe

Well we just got KYBlueOval squared away and am really looking forward to see some pics of his '57!  :crowd:

KYBlueOval

Joe, I'm not there yet!
I have the desired photo on the Imgur page and see the BBC etc. on the right side. I click on Copy on the BBC line, and then go to my new post, click paste and I do not get the photo, but rather what I guess I'd call an address. Same situation as the first time and you "Fixed It"
What did I miss? What did you do to fix it?
I'm close!!!
John

CobraJoe

John, you should get what you call an "address".
It should look something like this:

Keep in mind that you will not see the picture, only the img link until after you hit the post button.

I fixed it last time by moving the last "]" close to the last "g" as you had a space in between.

KYBlueOval