News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 ford grill

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2018-10-08 16:51

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

ok,  i've been talking to people about my parking lite housing,   and how its mounted to the grill,   would any one have a grill laying around that u could take a picture from the back or front if the lite housing is out so i can c what mounting ways i can remount in case i grind out the orig studs from the front,  thanks    jerry

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

geraldchainsaw

thanks Joe,  just what i needed,   i plan on grinding off the mounting studs on the lite housing and i needed to know where there was some stock for drilling to remount,  thanks   again,    jerry

CobraJoe

You're welcome, glad I could help.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Tom S

Quote from: geraldchainsaw on 2018-10-08 17:57
... i plan on grinding off the mounting studs on the lite housing and i needed to know where there was some stock for drilling to remount ...

I think you have the idea.  I did about the same thing with some hard to reach turn signal housings that had little studs that tended to break off when removing the nut. A couple self tapping screws took care of that.

Hoosier Hurricane

Jerry, don't grind the bolt heads off yet.  I looked at my Ranchero, and with a short 7/16 box end wrench I could reach through the space between the grille bars under the light and get to the nuts on the housing.  If you don't have a wrench short enough, pick up a cheap wrench at a flea market or offshore tool dealer, and cut it short enough to clear the splash pan as you remove the nuts.  A short 1/4" ratchet would also probably work, but you may need a deep socket, which would make it a little more difficult.   John

geraldchainsaw

tO jOHN,     i did grind off the bolt heads,  this cars not a point car,    and i always look for the easy way,  any way its all
done,  and the turn signal works,  thanks to all of the guys for advice,   jerry