News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

horns

Started by Smooth150, 2019-09-08 04:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Smooth150

Looking for a pair of horns forbmy 57 ford fairlane seeing what's out there

cokefirst

I may have a set, are you looking for something in show condition?
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

Smooth150

They don't need to be show condition just work is fine with me thanks for looking if u have let me know what v u need Chris

KYBlueOval

I have a pair of "California" horns that work. I was told that the term California is used to describe these horns with a long "Tumpet". If interested, send me a P.M.
BTW......... Teaser!............I just acquired a '57 Ranchero that I'm parting out. A lot of good usable parts. I'll post a list of what is for sale after I get it stripped in a few days.

KYBlueOval

Found the horns, but unfortunately they do not work. They did when I put them away, but not today. Sorry about that.
John

Tom S

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2019-09-19 04:45
Found the horns, but unfortunately they do not work.
It might be possible to make 'em work.
See this. http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=6710.msg56010#msg56010

KYBlueOval

Thanks Tom.........I'll give that a try when time allows, which will not be soon unfortunately.

Smooth150

I might want to try fixing the horns my self seeing as I don't have any  let me know if u would still part with them u don't happen to have a1959 car hoodlatch? Thanks Chris

KYBlueOval

No sir, I do not have a '59 Hood Latch, and I'd prefer to hang onto the horns and work on them once winter sets in.

Smooth150

Thanks any way changed your tune from original response ill see if anybody can help me

Smooth150

Anybody else out there that could help me find some horns I have some generic horns but they sound lousy Thank you

KYBlueOval

Quote from: Smooth150 on 2019-09-23 21:58
Thanks any way changed your tune from original response ill see if anybody can help me
I guess one could say I changed my tune...........when I put them away some years ago they worked as I recall. I don't consider not willing  to sell you horns that do not work, as changing my tune..........but rather doing the right thing. You obviously do not agree.
Good luck finding the horns you need.
John

SkylinerRon

I've heard those big horns called Mountain Horns, guess that's because you could hear them on the other side of the mountain!

Ron.

Tom S

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2019-09-11 06:29
I have a pair of "California" horns that work. I was told that the term California is used to describe these horns with a long "Tumpet".
Does this look like the 'California' horns you're talkin' about?
Not that I've seen many or paid much attention to 'em but this looks like the only ones I've seen on '57 Fords, maybe '56s too, so I'm not following that 'California horns' terminology.

KYBlueOval

Tom, ......... Yes, that is the horn. Last year I attended the "Retractable Convention",  held in Lexington KY. It was there that I was told by a well known retractable restorer that this style of horn, with the long trumpet, was referred to as a "California Horn" . As I looked over the cars that day, very few has this style of horn.Most had, what I'll call the short horn.