News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

windshield wiper motor

Started by shopratwoody, 2006-12-04 19:08

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

I need a wiper mtr. I've heard 55-56 Chev one also work. Who's got the best new ones? Anybody have a good used one?
Thanks, Ron :brick:
I hate blocksanding!

57 Ford Kustom

Ron.
   Bought mine thru Concours Parts and Accessories, they also offer a switch that replaces the stock cable using your knob and bezel, looks stock not some aftermarket add a switch under the dash. The moter bolts on using stock mounts. Plus if I remember correct has a One Year Warrenty.

T 8)M
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

shopratwoody

Thanks Tom,
The idea of the stock looking sw. replacement sounds good. I have their catalog so I'll check it out
BTW the horn thing turned out fine. I had a bad connection with the temporary wiring setup.   :BangHead:
The headlight treatment you have on your car has always been my favorite. My family had a 57 in '59 that was quite
radical and a cover car on one of the early mags. The headlight were done that way, louvers.roll pans on both ends
2 piece bumpers both ends. It was Titian Red & the stock colonial or whimbelton, whatever the white was two tone.
For a custom it was quite fast. It had 2 superchargers....one thru each 4 barrel. Anyway; thanks again :deadhorse:
Ron :073:
I hate blocksanding!

57 Ford Kustom

Ron
    I have a split bumper on rear of my car , son liked it so well he is putting one on the rear of his. Someday he will have a few minuites and set up some new picturers for me. Me not to smart as far as these confuisers :BangHead: :013: :067:

T 8)M

RAWms

Ron,
You can add '57 Chev also for the wiper motor.  Ford and GM all used Trico therefore inter change.  Also, you might contact Steve Pierce for a motor.  That is where I got mine.  Took it apart, ran a new wire and Wa LA.

Regarding your folks car, I couldn't resist and went back to my old car mag library.  The Ranchero does not match your color description and didn't know if a T-bird was a possibility so scanned two.  If you can remember the mag I will check it out. 

r

Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

briney

Ron,

I bought one from Concours Parts and Accessories and it was fine. It is a Newport wiper setup, a little pricy.  The switch comes with an ugly knob, but you can use a stock vent knob or orginal knob and original bezel instead, it fits right in the dash just fine. I posted a picture so you can see what it looks like. It looks stock.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

shopratwoody

Well thanks to you guys, the wiper mtr shouldn't be a problem.  :felix: After having the entire car apart I guess
a wiper motor aint a big deal. Just trying to get the stuff done before paint. It's only the cars 5th paint job in 50 yrs.
including orig. ( what a virgin) actually the Red Imron I did it and raced it all those yrs really held up well.
Thanks again, Ron  :blowup1:
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

I alos used the Newport Engineering piece.  It was a very nice setup, though it got a little close to my tall valve covers.  Anyway, I paid the extra and got the shaft and stock knob assembly.  It looked a lot better than the Pep Boys looking stuff that came with it.  All in all, though, a very nice setup, though over 185 or so for the motor and I cant remember how much more for the shaft and knob.  Trust me though, you'll pay over 250 for a nice 55-57 Chev unit, which is the same as the original `57 Ford electric units.  I had one, they suck...1 speed, slow.  Thats why I replaced it with the more modern and compact (lower amp draw too) outfit.  Check it out on the web:
http://www.newportwipers.com/car.html
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

fomocochoptop

I have a brand new wiper set up from bought C.W moss in Orange, Ca  a Couple of years ago.  I Does not work  my 1958 Ranchero.  asking for $125.oo

shopratwoody

Choptop,I'll keep your wiper setup in mind. I don't know if it'll clear my valve cover. I'll go down to Moss and see
if they have that part #. Proly Carpenter or somebody. I may have to use a stock one with the 429 and
MotorSport Valve covers. I'll just have to see before buying one.
Thanks, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

fomocochoptop

It's  newport Type.  I got it of the Clearance Tables. Thats why i'm selling it for so cheap.  That's what i payed for it.

jeauxbleauxsr@hotm

I have a used one that came as a n extra with a 57 I once had that had the vacum that did'nt work but i fixed it. anyone interested I'll sell ti for $75 or best offer
jeaux :003:

KULTULZ

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2006-12-05 05:31

I have a split bumper on rear of my car ...

I just noticed that. I have admired the tail lamp treatment but did not catch the split rear facebar.

Can I ask how you did it?

Guess I should have started a new thread. I don't get out much...
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

57 Ford Kustom

They are 59-60 Rambler ePay specials under 60 per pair re chromed. :005:

T 8)M   :unitedstates:

KULTULZ

Thanx for the quick reply!

How did you mount them? Were you able to use old brackets or have to fab something?
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN