News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

cool tool

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-07-01 09:02

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I found this in the Jegs catalog yesterday...Is this a neat tool or what. Bolts on to your drum or rotor and measures wheel diam, width and backspacing with what looks like an adjustable tire profile wire. $70. makes it a little pricey for a on time use, but would be great for group purchase, and even at 70. it's a whole lot better than buying wrong size wheels....Rich
I see this post got me up'd in classification to certified wrench turner...cool. I'll be watching the mail for my certification papers. Must have too much idle time on my hands.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

A friend of mine made one of those last year, pretty cool tool.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

05gt

I bought one before i had the wheels ordered for my 57'. Neat little tool. Figure I'll keep it for some future projects!

oldgasser

Rich:
Like to ask you about how to proceed in acquiring one of these tools that you purchased, how do I reach this company & maybe get a catalog also.
Thank you for your time.
63 & still looking for more tools can you imagine.
Ron.

RICH MUISE

"old gasser"...I'm 63 also...I hadn't bought the tool...just saw it in the Jegs catalog and thought it would be a really neat too to have. I would guess a look at the jegs website should find it. www.jegs.com
yep..just checked it... when their homepage opens just type in "backspace tool" in their search window
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

oldgasser

Rich:
Thanks for the info on the backspace tool, I will check it out.
Cheers Ron.

05gt

Jegs, summit, and ebay all have the tool. Pretty neat......takes all the guesswork and math out if it!

shopratwoody

Jeez, I had to use a tape measure :005:
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

I used a tape measure too, and a plumb bob....old school I guess...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

kens65fb

test