News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Started by Spare Parts, 2006-12-21 19:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Spare Parts

I'm a new member and thought I would give an intro.I have been a fan of Ford's and especially '57 Fords.My father was a certified Ford Master Tech,now retired and I spent 32 years behind the parts counter at Ford dealerships.I got my first driving lessons behind the wheel of a '59 Galaxy and a '57 F100 that my dad still ownes.I 've been lurking on any '57 message boards I could find before I finally registered here.I have also been looking for a '57 and either could not afford the ones I found or the others were to far gone to try to bring back to life,but I did find a '58 Custom 300 sedan for $500 so I bought it .Since the '57 and '58 share some of the same parts, so I hope I'm welcome here..The '58 had a 223/Fordomatic that I have already sold .The car was fairly complete but the body side mouldings and the headliner bows were off and inside the car.The trunck lock and catch are missing and the headlight bezels are missing.Luckly it does not have any rust in the fenders by the headlights but the radiator support is rusted into and i'm not sure if the stone deflector can be saved.I will also need th replace the L/F floor pan ,the R/F floor pan and toe board as well as a section of the L/Rfloor and there is a little rust in the rockers that can be patched.I not to worried as I also replaced the floors in a '46 ford coupe and a '53 F100 in previous projects.The car will not be restored to stock but restomodified.I will be installing a 351w/408 stroker and AOD trans.I already have Granada spindles and may change the rear to a '87 tbird turbo coupe 8.8 with 3.73 limited slip and disc brakes.I also will be doing my version of the rack&pinion install.I"ll give moreĀ  info later and just wanted to intro now.

JPotter57

You are certainly welcome here.  As you said, a lot of the parts interchange, and all of the chassis and interior parts are interchangeable, though some items may look a little bit different.  I hope you find what you are looking for here, as we are just now building back our knowledge base, after the lowlife hackers and spammers polluted the former two message boards to the point of not being able to use them.  Welcome, and enjoy the site....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

smurfee

Welcome aboard SPARE PARTS, I just made it back to the new board myself though I am an origanal member - a lot of fun & knowledge pass through here & all the help you need. We have some real wizzards here :icon_bigsmurf: SMURFEE
NEVER LOOK BACK

Frankenstein57

Hi 57 fans, I to am new to this site and an introduction is in order. 

My name is Mark, I just turned 50.  I posess a 57 ranchero which used to belong to my brother, who died in 79.  My plan was to get it back on the road for its 50th birthday.  Well, Wisconsin winters have not been kind to this vehicle, it is big time rotten.  I found a solid one on ebay in central Illinois,and I am doing a frankenstein frame off resto on it.  I was planning to use a 390 4-speed as I have two engines, but I am leaning towards a freshly rebuilt carbureted 460 auto or an EFI 460 auto od.  These two motors are ready to bolt in so I can direct my $ towards the vehicle.  I have found the info on this site very usefull I will post some questions later. 

I have some 57 history also,  I raced a 57 sportsmen at Hales Corners Speedway, where Alan Kulwicki started.  I bought the car of a former track champion and put a 427 in it.  Big fun-won 36 races with it.

Thanks,

Mark

fomocochoptop

Hello, every one I'm the rookie today  new to the Forum,not familiar with using but how hard could it be. a Little bout myself. I started fooling around 1957 ford around  7 years ago when i Started working at Memory Lane Collector Dismantles As a Parts Puller.  What better way to learn to put them together than by first learning how to take Them apart carefully. I Purchased a 1958 Ranchero which i still have and is my Keeper.  I have had the Perfect used parts store. I had  the Opportunity to try different applications that "i heard it would fit" Since it was in my back yard (Memory Lane). I haveMet  Different Ford Guys and ford parts vendors Thanks to Memory Lane.  You Learn Allot about Cars in 7 years working at a  Wrecking Yard. I think People are Surprised how much a young guy like me Knows. Hopefully i can help some of you guys. 

RAWms

fomocoshoptop,
Good on ya and don't let anyone talk you into selling that '58.  If walking around or being close to those oldies but goodies gives you a tingle, then you have found heaven.  Welcome aboard and I think you will find the greatest group of folks and cyber friends around.  Glad you are here,  r  :thumbsup:
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007