News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

59 Edsel camper!

Started by Limey57, 2015-09-21 12:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

Saw this on Facebook, apparently they were offered for full size sedans, the trunk lid was removed and it fastened to the roof gutters.  Not for me but I love to see odd-ball stuff like this:

Gary

1957 Ranchero

lalessi1

That is incredible! PHOTO SHOPPED????.... You never know these days. I am trying to figure out the step up over the trunk lid. Awesome pics, thanks!
Lynn

Limey57

No, not Photoshopped, there were a few interior pictures as well, I'll try and find them later.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Zapato

only in America! lol................love it

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57redwhitered

Here are 3 photos that my son took of this rig at the KMOA Show at Salina. KS this year.  They were manufactured at Wilson, Kansas in the 70's I believe.  I also saw him make a pass at the Run What You Brung event at the same show.
1957 Skyliner

Ford Blue blood

That thing had to be a hand full on the road with even just a hint of a breeze!  and never mind taking any corners!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

A good Texas tailwind could get your gas consumption  to about 60 mpg though.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57redwhitered

The gentleman that owned it did tell me that he needed to do some changing on springs on the Edsel.  That thing has to be difficult going down I70 when that Texas tailwind hits it broadside.
1957 Skyliner

gasman826

I was thinking the same thing, Rich.  While driving my wagon in the wind, a picture came to mind several times of a brick.  I think a brick would be an improvement.  No wind tunnels back in '57???

RICH MUISE

Quote from: 57redwhitered on 2015-09-22 23:10
The gentleman that owned it did tell me that he needed to do some changing on springs on the Edsel.  That thing has to be difficult going down I70 when that Texas tailwind hits it broadside.
I70 = Kansas.....I40=Texas, lol
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

When driving my 61 Unibody back from CA I got into some of those winds in NM, TX and OK on 40.  Even at 55 - 60 MPH I had wheel cranked in and the dust made the air look funny.  All the big trucks looked like they were crabbing and the one truck/camper rig I passed (one of three vehicles I passed, 3.73s) was waving back and forth so much I actually ran that ol truck up to 65 to get past him as quick as I could.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

sounds as bad as the Columbia River Gorge when the east wind starts to blow and even more fun if you get caught out there when its not only blowing but you start getting freezing rain. not an experience I need to repeat.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72