News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Steam locomotive.......haulin' butt

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-12-10 10:22

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

And that is the smallest of the  three UP steam locos but great loco. I've ridden 3985 ( as in my screen name ) it's an articulate. They now have the largest called a BigBoy under restoration in Cheyenne. It was on loan to the railroad museum here in Pamona Calif where it was on static display. Moving it from the fairgrounds to Cheyenne was a major project.
I took a few shots during the move. Wait until this one hits the rails  :burnout:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I knew some of the members were into the old locos...I never caught the connection to your tag name....I just thought you drank alot, lol. So, are they reproducing the shop manuals for those? It's really cool to see UP restoring it's history, and I'd sure like to see one of those big boys running. 
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I just used the same screen name I use on my railroad forums, I'm lazy.. I quit drinking in 1985 except for on beer on Xmas and one on my sons birthday. Your not the only person who thought I was an alcoholic  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

Hiball wished I knew you were into trains before. Used to have a complete set of apprentice school books. Probably about 20 of them.  Published in the 20s. Gave them to a co-worker that is into model railroads.

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hiball3985

Quote from: Zapato on 2015-12-12 00:18
Hiball wished I knew you were into trains before. Used to have a complete set of apprentice school books. Probably about 20 of them.  Published in the 20s. Gave them to a co-worker that is into model railroads.

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Thanks Zap, hopefully he will make good use of them. I have actually been cleaning out and down sizing for a few years, threw away a 40 year collection of RR magazines and donated all the books to the library. I have cleaned out so much that the 57 is the first car to ever enter the garage in the 36 years I have lived here..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang