News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

primer

Started by clubcoupe57, 2007-04-11 08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

clubcoupe57

Hi guys,
I want to sand my clubcoupe down and primer it, now it looks like a pinto pony, I not going to do the body yet just want to get it one color,and drive it some, any suggestions on sanding and what primer sealer to use, I hear you can tint your primer any color. Hope to put a pic on soon once I figure out how to do it! Thanks, Mike

Glen Henderson

Without knowing the condition of the sheet metal I would recommend that you talk with a good body man or restroration shop in your area. We have all seen or have had cars where some guy sands it down and never gets around to painting it. The metal pits and is much harder to repair down the road. Primer by its self will not stop mosture, so if you sand to bare metal and just spray primer on, it will rust again. If the car is going to need metal work, patch panels, dents repaired, ect, I would strip it and use an epoxy primer first, but thats just my preference. No matter what primer you use remember that bare metal will start to rust within a matter of hours, so get something on it ASAP.